The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-22-2013, 11:01 PM   #1
wjr

72 chevy 4x4 longbed, worth ??

heres my delima, found a all original 1972 chevy 4x4 longbed,its an a/c truck and all the componets are still on it, compresser condenser and such, it is a 1/2 ton, with automatic, small block motor. it has had some prvious repairs done to the body ,but now have come back. the truck has set for 3 years now cause of a death in the family. so dont no anything about the motor and trans and such . cause the fellow that passed is the 1 who owned it and noone in family knows anything on it except that they want to sell it. i would like to have it but just dont want to cheat them nor myself. the cab supports have rusted out, there is some rust in the center of bed floor over 1 of the supports,the inner cab corners have rusted cause it has the famous expandable foam in it. LOL. dash pad is gone and someone has busted out the back glass. ?? why, but anyways the radiator support from what i can tell has some rust but the inner fender on that side doesnt look that bad.
But it is complete a/c all together truck.

my question is what would be a rough estimate of what the truck would be worth as is ? like i say dont want to cheat them nor myself. any advise would be helpful
wjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:37 PM   #2
SS Tim

Re: 72 chevy 4x4 longbed, worth ??

Title and license fee due status would be a big consideration for me. Check you local area/CL for similar trucks but when a vehicle sits the value drops fast.
SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:52 PM   #3
71swb4x4

Sounds like a project truck. I would say $1,000 or so. Post some pictures if you can, much easier to give a value when we can see what we are valuing.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:47 AM   #4
wjr

yes it would for sure be a project truck. but i was just thinking on it being factory a/c truck and everything being there on it. and i would post some pics but dont have any at this time.
thanks for advice keep it coming please . dont know but if i was to guess i would even say it has the original motor that it came with. is there a site that i can use to find specs and factory buillds on this year truck ?
wjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #5
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

The 4x4's usually bring a little higher price tag. But... a rusted hulk is a rusted hulk.

Gary

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #6
71swb4x4

I would pay a lot more for a non-ac rust free 4x4 than I would a rusty AC 4x4.

It's an old truck, and a lot of parts can be bought aftermarket and even NOS. All of the original parts there just means you have a bunch of 41 year old parts attached to the truck. Not much after 41 years is going to make it through the restoration process. It will likely all get replaced.

You have to understand that you can't accurately price a truck based on a few sentences posted on a truck message board. Would you price a truck without seeing it?
Get us some pictures, and prices may change.

You are not looking at a hemi cuda convertible. It's a 1972 Chevy longbox 4x4 with AC. With a little searching you can find a lot of them.