The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-30-2013, 01:27 PM   #1
runs16s

Childhood Dream truck has come true!

Well boys and girls..... My Name is Erik

Ive been building model 47-54 5 Window trucks since the age of 6 or 7! Ive always wanted one and knew I would eventually. Im from Sothern CA (O.C. area). But moved to Montana 3 years ago for Economic reasons as most people leaving CA these days are doing as well.

About 2 weeks ago while on a short trip to Wyoming border, just before you get out of town here in Billings, MT there is a small "Flea market" which consists of some classic cars and old farm equipment. There is another 47-54 pickup there but Ive never asked about it. Anyhow, next to this "flea market" there is an open lot.I happened to notice what looked to be a 5 window 3100 or 3600 and turned out to be a 49' 3600. Asked around to some of the businesses as to who it belonged to and shortly got a phone number to the guy selling it. Turned out he was selling it for an elderly friend who was is in bad health. After all the chit chat and b.s. he came out with the price which I expected to be quite high!! Considering all the history he had told me. He said $850 not a penny less
Best part is, it RUNS and DRIVES!! yes for $850 I got a running driving complete 1949 3600 5 window! I Cant tell you how excited I am about this. All the missing parts in the pictures are there, either in the cab or in the bed! Not only that but I met up with the owner who had the title in hand and a bunch of bran new parts for me!!

There is more to this story and ill get a resurrection thread started soon. Plans for this truck are pretty huge and involve this being a project for ma kids also.

here it is as it sat when I bought it on Sunday 4/29/13!

Last edited by runs16s; 04-30-2013 at 01:35 PM.
runs16s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:33 PM   #2
runs16s

Re: Childhood Dream truck has come true!

Yesterday I picked up a 400 Small block (complete running), a Freshly rebuilt Turbo 350 trans and he threw in a Edelbrock Performer RPM intake all for $425 from a local guy on craigs list!

I also sourced front sub frame with all suspension from a 70 Camaro z28 at a local junk yard. Wants $300 for it and hes looking for a 12 bolt disc brake rear end today so he can sell me a little package deal later this week for both items!
runs16s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #3
1ATony

Re: Childhood Dream truck has come true!

Welcome to the forum
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote