The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-01-2013, 09:09 PM   #1
biohazardbill

Counting Cars... no love for the bagged 63 GMC

Saw it on the DVR, episode from last night....

Stopped to look at a Satellite/Road Runner parked right next to a bagged patina'd 63 GMC.

No mention of the truck at all... what a bummer...

Does that truck belong to anyone here? Vegas area.
biohazardbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:16 PM   #2
flashed

Re: Counting Cars... no love for the bagged 63 GMC

I saw that show and it didnt even dawn on me that he didnt ask about the truck .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:20 PM   #3
T Smith

I saw it too.

I used to like the show 'cause I dig anything with cars in it but they show buying them and then the finished car, nothing in between but antics.
T Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:32 PM   #4
wayno

That's funny that you picked that up as well - the wife even caught it - she's slowly coming over to my dark side
Old 05-02-2013, 01:18 AM   #5
MikeS.

Hey! What happened to the spoiler alert?? JK. I've got it on the dvr so I'll watch it soon.
Posted via Mobile Device
Triluminar Lodge #117 GL of WVa

My 1963 4x4 Suburban build;
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=531274

My Gallery, now with pics of my 1966 C30 motorhome.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...&ppuser=103447
MikeS. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:02 AM   #6
likaroc13
Rollin' Old Skool

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Smith View Post
I saw it too.

I used to like the show 'cause I dig anything with cars in it but they show buying them and then the finished car, nothing in between but antics.
Haven't yet seen the episode the OP is referring to, but I saw the '65 in Danny's collection on the episode where they built the '67-72 C10 for that kid.

And I totally agree about the lack of build details/footage. I thought that was very strange after watching the first episode. Honestly, I don't expect the show to last too long. These new "reality" shows keep popping up after one interesting personality is featured on a different "reality" show. In one instance where I'm glad this happened is American Restoration.
Posted via Mobile Device

My Build threads:
1966 Chevy C-10 "Black Betty"

shortbed, fleetside, BBW, 327 V8/ Powerglide (under construction)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ighlight=betty

1997 Chevy Tahoe, 2dr/2wd, mild custom (Daily driver)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=601142

Pics:
'66 C-10 https://flic.kr/s/aHsjHWD4h9
'97 Tahoe https://flic.kr/s/aHsjGZ7wKP
'93 C-1500 https://flic.kr/s/aHskxdpdnQ
'88 S-10 Blazer https://flic.kr/s/aHsjYGx4Md

Previous Rides:
1993 Chevy S-10 ext. cab, 4.3L, 4/5 drop (Sold)
1993 Chevy C-1500 short/step Retro-Rod (Sold)
1988 S-10 Blazer 2dr/2wd mild custom (Sold)
likaroc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:59 AM   #7
biohazardbill

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Smith View Post
I saw it too.

I said that exact same thing to the wife last night.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-02-2013, 06:04 AM   #8
biohazardbill

Quote:
Originally Posted by likaroc13 View Post
Haven't yet seen the episode the OP is referring to, but I saw the '65 in Danny's collection on the episode where they built the '67-72 C10 for that kid.
Yeah. Saw that episode. Thought it was kinda tacky that the dad paid x amount of dollars for the truck and they branded it with all their logos etc. would have been ok for a giveaway truck but not for a paying customer unless they specifically asked for it, which they didn't.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-02-2013, 06:06 AM   #9
thunder71

Yes they did not even look at it and did not buy the moparts
Posted via Mobile Device
69 C10 shortbed stepside SOLD
71 C10 custom deluxe long fleetside SOLD
Old 05-02-2013, 10:37 AM   #10
TommyDuncan

Quote:
Originally Posted by likaroc13 View Post

And I totally agree about the lack of build details/footage. I thought that was very strange after watching the first episode. Honestly, I don't expect the show to last too long. These new "reality" shows keep popping up after one interesting personality is featured on a different "reality" show. In one instance where I'm glad this happened is American Restoration.
Posted via Mobile Device
I work with Big Ryan that is sometimes on Counting Cars. Danny isn't a little guy himself but Ryan is huge and has quite a few cars also. I don't think the show is going to last either. Maybe they can fix it because he is a nice guy and he is bananas about cars!

The American Restoration family (The Dale's) are from my home town and I was in the same grade as Ron. They are a great family. Their dad is one of the nicest people you will ever meet but he doesn't want to be on the show.
They make Ron out to be a clown but he was a kicker for USC and one heck of an all around athlete.
When I was a kid I didn't know Rick but he drove a primered 65 GTO so he was our hero. We were like Beavis and Butthead and that guy with the Nova that they worshipped.
Posted via Mobile Device
TommyDuncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:32 AM   #11
likaroc13
Rollin' Old Skool

Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazardbill View Post
Yeah. Saw that episode. Thought it was kinda tacky that the dad paid x amount of dollars for the truck and they branded it with all their logos etc. would have been ok for a giveaway truck but not for a paying customer unless they specifically asked for it, which they didn't.
Posted via Mobile Device
I agree. I thought the graphics & "emblems" were kinda cheesy. Definitely not my style, but I would've gladly taken it. As they drove off for the first drive, Danny mentioned to the kid about it having a lot of motor. Needless to say, the first thing that came to my mind was practicality for a 16yr. old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyDuncan View Post
I work with Big Ryan that is sometimes on Counting Cars. Danny isn't a little guy himself but Ryan is huge and has quite a few cars also. I don't think the show is going to last either. Maybe they can fix it because he is a nice guy and he is bananas about cars!

The American Restoration family (The Dale's) are from my home town and I was in the same grade as Ron. They are a great family. Their dad is one of the nicest people you will ever meet but he doesn't want to be on the show.
They make Ron out to be a clown but he was a kicker for USC and one heck of an all around athlete.
When I was a kid I didn't know Rick but he drove a primered 65 GTO so he was our hero. We were like Beavis and Butthead and that guy with the Nova that they worshipped.
Posted via Mobile Device
Very cool about the Dale's! On the recent episodes they mention/feature the car show they put on at the shop. It crossed my mind as to whether any guys from the forum who live in the area might go.

And Danny seems like a really nice guy, so I hope they can fix the show.
Posted via Mobile Device

My Build threads:
1966 Chevy C-10 "Black Betty"

shortbed, fleetside, BBW, 327 V8/ Powerglide (under construction)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ighlight=betty

1997 Chevy Tahoe, 2dr/2wd, mild custom (Daily driver)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=601142

Pics:
'66 C-10 https://flic.kr/s/aHsjHWD4h9
'97 Tahoe https://flic.kr/s/aHsjGZ7wKP
'93 C-1500 https://flic.kr/s/aHskxdpdnQ
'88 S-10 Blazer https://flic.kr/s/aHsjYGx4Md

Previous Rides:
1993 Chevy S-10 ext. cab, 4.3L, 4/5 drop (Sold)
1993 Chevy C-1500 short/step Retro-Rod (Sold)
1988 S-10 Blazer 2dr/2wd mild custom (Sold)
likaroc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:36 AM   #12
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

I saw it too. I was kind of surprised when the car couldn't be baught, they didn't try for the truck. The pro street chevelle on a few episodes back they found was bad ass too!
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #13
T Smith

One of the coolest rides they've shown was the Ford roadster he chased down and bought, it had either a 348 or a 409 in it but we never saw the car again.
T Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:01 PM   #14
1963-4x4

I stopped watching that show after they botched a cherry 67' GTO, I have too much love for GTO's to watch that show again.
1963-4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:17 PM   #15
Jmiller022

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1963-4x4 View Post
I stopped watching that show after they botched a cherry 67' GTO, I have too much love for GTO's to watch that show again.
Was that the one that ended up purple/black? If so I got to disagree, I thought it was sharp
Jmiller022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:19 PM   #16
1963-4x4

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I'm not trying to start an argument or anything. I'm just more of a tradionalist when it comes to cars.
1963-4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:01 PM   #17
Hawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1963-4x4 View Post
I agree with you on that one!
Hawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:35 PM   #18
sixTsix

in my opinion all of these shows like fast n loud and counting cars...ect are all bs anyways, backed by high dollar producers and station branding. its all fake . and pretty much for ratings. no love goes into anything on these shows. its all for the almighty dollar and that's it. wether its a resto mod or a classic restoration its all about the money. if they cant make a profit ...they aren't gonna cover it. half these shows do shotty work anyways imo. anyone can buy a classic ride ...drop it on bags ...give it some mediocre body work and fancy paint ...and itll sale. sad thing ...on these shows these cars they "fix up" sell for good money....but in reality they are not nut and bolt resto nor a quality rat resto.... that's what they wanna force down the publics neck. not the fact that a shop buys a vehicle puts love in it the way it should be ..and they keep the vehicle. its really no different than American chopper and the 1000 shows that spawned off that terrible series. drama sells ...so does a polished turd no one really gives a crap about.
now don't get me wrong ....if I actually sit down to catch some tube time ...I might end up watching these shows only because A nothing else is on ....or B I wanna see what kind of work they do and they price they get for them. and half the time im really shocked at what they get for some of the stuff they do. idk ....sry for the rant ...these shows kind of drive me up the wall.
only few cars shows on tv I actually enjoy watching anymore ...mecum is one and is great ...but nothing there but an auction ...but you see some REAL rides on there....

just my 2 cents
sixTsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #19
TommyDuncan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixTsix View Post
in my opinion all of these shows like fast n loud and counting cars...ect are all bs anyways, backed by high dollar producers and station branding. its all fake . and pretty much for ratings. no love goes into anything on these shows. its all for the almighty dollar and that's it. wether its a resto mod or a classic restoration its all about the money. if they cant make a profit ...they aren't gonna cover it. half these shows do shotty work anyways imo. anyone can buy a classic ride ...drop it on bags ...give it some mediocre body work and fancy paint ...and itll sale. sad thing ...on these shows these cars they "fix up" sell for good money....but in reality they are not nut and bolt resto nor a quality rat resto.... that's what they wanna force down the publics neck. not the fact that a shop buys a vehicle puts love in it the way it should be ..and they keep the vehicle. its really no different than American chopper and the 1000 shows that spawned off that terrible series. drama sells ...so does a polished turd no one really gives a crap about.
now don't get me wrong ....if I actually sit down to catch some tube time ...I might end up watching these shows only because A nothing else is on ....or B I wanna see what kind of work they do and they price they get for them. and half the time im really shocked at what they get for some of the stuff they do. idk ....sry for the rant ...these shows kind of drive me up the wall.
only few cars shows on tv I actually enjoy watching anymore ...mecum is one and is great ...but nothing there but an auction ...but you see some REAL rides on there....

just my 2 cents
I hear you man!

I saw the episode that this thread was started over and when they told that lady they wanted $15,000 for a paint job and 7 grand to do the quarters on that Mustang I just about had a heart attack. My old lady did too. I have a Nova convertible with the typical GM light rust along the top of the rear wheel well and the rockers and I think she saw eternal poverty for us between it and my rusty 63 longstep.

One good thing is now that I told her I can do most of it myself I think she will be a little better about what I spend on tools!
Posted via Mobile Device
TommyDuncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:52 PM   #20
aerotruk63
Check The Champ, Demonstrator

Think GM should sponsor an old truck show where a different owner is chosen per episode and shows off their truck and some history behind the model/ year. Junkyard finds and how too's, but by not just only by professionals but backyard gearheads as well. There's so much untapped talent on this site to feed the show for years.

YouTube Channel with 20+ Original Chevrolet Truck Salesmen, Mechanics & Service Department Training Slideshows.
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...otruk63&page=1
aerotruk63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:35 PM   #21
RANDY COX

Yep saw it to...
Old 05-03-2013, 09:06 PM   #22
oakstcustomz

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerotruk63 View Post
Think GM should sponsor an old truck show where a different owner is chosen per episode and shows off their truck and some history behind the model/ year. Junkyard finds and how too's, but by not just only by professionals but backyard gearheads as well. There's so much untapped talent on this site to feed the show for years.
I agree! And let the owner get his/her hands dirty too!
Posted via Mobile Device
1952 Ford Customline 2door kustom project
1967 Cadillac Superior Hearse (wife's)
1998 GMC Saffari (wife's dd)
oakstcustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #23
jamesrussell26

7 grand for quarters is retarded regardless of where you from. i worked in body shop to long to understand the outrageous amounts of money these guys charge.and personally i would have asked about the truck cause i'm not a huge mopar fan anyway love the truck more lol
jamesrussell26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:31 PM   #24
Vernski

Over all the shows on TV I like the reruns of American Hot Rod, they went in to detail how something is made or built an how to do it. But even that show after time got into personalities and stuff that made my interest wain. They are after the ratings and is evident in most of them they produce. I like the personality Danny plays on counting cars but the show has no how to.'s They buy a vehicle and the next shot is when it's done. It's a vast waste land out there, it also waste's your time just my $1.98 cts...Vernski
Vernski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:32 PM   #25
Vernski

Over all the shows on TV I like the reruns of American Hot Rod, they went in to detail how something is made or built an how to do it. But even that show after time got into personalities and stuff that made my interest wain. They are after the ratings and is evident in most of them they produce. I like the personality Danny plays on counting cars but the show has no how to.'s They buy a vehicle and the next shot is when it's done. It's a vast waste land out there, it also waste's your time just my $1.98 cts...Vernski
Vernski is offline   Reply With Quote