The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #1
MTJack

How many Suburbans?

I presently own a 67 Suburban, but have my eye on an earlier one, not sure of what year it is. How many Suburbans were built from 1960-1966? I would like to know how many from each model year, 1/2 ton, 3/4 ton, 2wd, 4wd. I found this info before somewhere, but can't find my notes, so am hoping one of you genius types out there can help me with this. Thanks.
MTJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:50 PM   #2
oem4me

Re: How many Suburbans?

First of all, welcome to the 60-66 forum. I've only seen these numbers below. Never seen any other info, but I too would love to know how many for each and every year. Anyone?
Attached Images

oem4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:56 PM   #3
MTJack

That's a start - thanks for the reply. The Suburban I saw looks to be about a 62 4 wd, which I am sure is pretty rare. I am stopping by the guy's house tonight, maybe tomorrow, find out for sure. He always has lots of old Chevy trucks parked out front - very cool.
MTJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:39 AM   #4
spacedebris

I remember reading an article about the 75th anniversary for the suburban a few years ago and was able to find it again. One of the things they said surprised me.

Quote:
It was behind the wheel of the 1966 Suburban when things started to get a bit primitive. This was a two-door model, like all that preceded it, and it was noticeably smaller than the newer generations we'd already driven. Like other early 1960's vehicles (we're thinking mostly of the Corvette), this sixth generation of Suburban – produced from 1960–1966 – served as a transition for the nameplate. It's interesting to note that GM has no production records for the Suburban prior to 1963
Link to the article http://www.autoblog.com/2010/08/26/c...ives-every-ge/
spacedebris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:03 AM   #5
rossboss

Interesting stuff, just a reminder that there is a fairly new suburban foum at the top of the page. This topic would have fit in perfect there.
rossboss is offline   Reply With Quote