The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2013, 10:58 PM   #1
izzy_Britton

Burb Seats in Standard Cab Questions

I hate to start a new topic about this as it has more or less been covered already by others. The reason for a new thread is the others are old and long dead and really didnt cover much details. So here i am to ask the questions again with the hope of getting some more detailed info out to others who may have similar thoughts.

So today i made it out to the scrappy and picked up 3 seats, two drivers and one passenger. of the two in the pair the driver seat is pretty worn out. the spare driver seat was the only seat left in the burb and was in better condition than the driver seat from the pair. I figure i can use the ratty seat for experiments.

anyways, as mentioned in other threads, i snagged the front inner mounts that are welded to the floor and cleaned them up to get ready for the truck. I bolted the inner mount to the seat track and tossed the seat in the truck for a mock up and just like everyone i quickly found that the rear of the tracks are bent the wrong way to mount up properly.

I know that i am probably *****footing around this but what i am betting at, is that there has to be a better way to do the mounts than to beat on em with a BFH or heat em up with a torch and smack em around about till they fit?

is there any way to use the bench seat tracks or parts of them to mount the buckets into the standard cab in an effort to refrain from bending or heating the oem bucket tracks?

I am sure that someone has overcome this issue and can share their experience with the rest of us? I will document my progress as i go if no one else can step forward to share.

Thank In Advance.

-Izzy
Project Delongdium - Step-Sons Plastic Clad 2003 Avalanche - DONE and Delivered.
izzy_Britton is offline   Reply With Quote