The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-30-2013, 09:39 AM   #1
rs74

Summit White vs. the factory 84 Chevy white?

Just tossing things around right now. My wife drives a Trailblazer that has the Summit White. The color is pretty crisp and bright. Just wondering if it would be too much to go on an 84. This will have a flat bed on it and not sure if it will get the side trim for the cab and fenders. Is the factory white color more dull looking compared to the newer whites that are on the new vehicles now.

I have seen a few photos of our trucks painted white and some of them just don't seem to fit. I don't know if it is the lack of trim that does it or if it is the wrong shade of white. My hunch is just to go back with the factory color but I do like the crispness of the new whites. I guess it just depends on how the vehicle is layed out and trimmed? Your thoughts?

1987 R10 shortie
rs74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:29 AM   #2
beamn7

Re: Summit White vs. the factory 84 Chevy white?

My 85 was the original "Frost White" and I had Jimmie Johnson Chevy paint it "Summit White". Same as my 05 Crew. I had some of the same concerns as you but am very happy with the way it turned out. The pictures do it no justice...

Before (top) and After (bottom).
Attached Images

beamn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:52 AM   #3
rs74

So I take it that you like the way it turned out. If I end up going that route then it would be going in an 84 RC K30 with a flat bed either painted the same white or black.

There are just some colors that you see on other vehicles that use on these squares and they don't seem like they fit when you do that. That was pretty much my only concern like you said you had. Thanks

1987 R10 shortie
rs74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:23 PM   #4
johnnyclack

Location: On the banks of the Clackamas River, Eagle CreeK Oregon

[QUOTE=
I have seen a few photos of our trucks painted white and some of them just don't seem to fit. I don't know if it is the lack of trim that does it or if it is the wrong shade of white. My hunch is just to go back with the factory color but I do like the crispness of the new whites. I guess it just depends on how the vehicle is layed out and trimmed? Your thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I have a 95' GMC SLE which is Summit white. I like the way it looks, But your right about the chrome making the difference.

(This is my 5th white vehicle) without the trim/chrome the vehicles resemble fleet vehicles
johnnyclack is offline   Reply With Quote