The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-03-2013, 10:23 PM   #1
jocko

Nice big block highlander custom camper on ebay!

Not mine. I love these things, as you may have heard... Looks like a real nice job on the resto, some things not to factory original, but also some things MUCH better than original. If it's restored as original (i.e. not a repro SPID on a generic C20 (repro SPID that is a copy of the original if it was so equipped is cool with me though)), then this is a VERY nice truck in my book! Reserve not met at this point, but it's worth a lot more than it's been bid up to thus far ($6100). Dang I love orange plaid!

Enjoy. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/72-Ch...0fedab94#v4-41
Attached Images

Last edited by jocko; 06-03-2013 at 10:33 PM.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:53 PM   #2
1972SUPERSB

Re: Nice big block highlander custom camper on ebay!

Wow beautiful truck!
Posted via Mobile Device

1972 Cheyenne Super SWB 350, Auto, Bucket Seats w/Console, Tach, Factory A/C, P/S ,P/B, Tilt

1998 Chevy 1500 Ext Cab 5.7, Pewter w/blue interior
1972SUPERSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:41 AM   #3
70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972SUPERSB View Post
Wow beautiful truck!
Posted via Mobile Device
times 2

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:55 AM   #4
VA72C10
VA72C10

that's a beauty...excellent restoration (from the pictures and description) but I'd be surprised if it brought half of the appraisal...if it were a swb c10 I'd say it would bring close to if not the appraised price...but it's a c20 lwb so I'd guess bidding would get up to 12-14K but who knows? I doubt it would sell for that price but not sure it will garner more........ you never know...someone may want to build a truck just like this and realize they'd have 40-60k in the restoration and buy it for 25-30K...
Old 06-04-2013, 01:30 AM   #5
WIDESIDE72

Nice truck. Ive never seen a highlander c20...
Posted via Mobile Device
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:17 AM   #6
SS Tim

Here is something from my collection.
Dated 09/20/2010 By Twenty First Century Auctions

There are a lot of C20 Highlanders, some C20 Highlander Longhorns and even a few C30s.
Attached Images

SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:12 AM   #7
WIDESIDE72

I have never seen "highlander" on a spid either. Usually just "special promotion package". Interesting that it lists the chrome front bumper separately as well. I thought that was part of the "special promotional package". I guess there are no hard and fast rules when it comes to these trucks!
Posted via Mobile Device
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #8
mgkgmc

Is the tinted glass just the green tinted glass or is it dark like the trucks windows?
1989 Swb Silverado
1972 Aj's Stormer
mgkgmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #9
mgkgmc

Didn't notice it was a restored. I assume the tint is not a original to the truck.
1989 Swb Silverado
1972 Aj's Stormer
mgkgmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:09 PM   #10
Sicklajoie
The Niner

Beautiful truck. I just don't like how the front end is higher than the back. Something's not right there.
Niner Progression Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=697183
Classic Trucks article: https://www.motortrend.com/features/...et-c20-driven/
Sicklajoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:16 PM   #11
factorystock

Good eye sicklajoie, Custom Campers sit way higher in the rear than this one, unless its carrying an invisible camper
factorystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:25 PM   #12
jocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIDESIDE72 View Post
I have never seen "highlander" on a spid either. Usually just "special promotion package". Interesting that it lists the chrome front bumper separately as well. I thought that was part of the "special promotional package". I guess there are no hard and fast rules when it comes to these trucks!
Posted via Mobile Device
The term "Highlander" refers specifically to the plaid pattern on the seat. It's not always stated overtly though - I agree with you on that observation. Mine just says "blue plaid bnch trim" in addition to the "special promotion pkg c" - but it considered a "Highlander" truck nonetheless, for EITHER reason (plaid seat or pkg truck). The Promo Pkg trucks are often referred to as "Highlanders" because all 3 packages had the plaid trim in common - so it's always associated with the trucks. Sometimes, the "package" isn't even listed on the SPID - and the debate goes on and on as to whether or not a non-pkg'ed SPID truck is a true "highlander" - but I think we've all come to the conclusion that it indeed is as long as it has the plaid trim. The options included in the "packages" are normally also listed - i.e. a package C truck will normally list separately the a/c and tilt on the SPID, even though they are part of the package c.

But, you're very right - exceptions to almost everything exist and nothing was a hard and fast rule it seems!

Btw, I'm sure folks caught that it does NOT have a 12 bolt - that's a Dana 60, one of the two types of HD rears for C20s.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:53 PM   #13
SS Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
The term "Highlander" refers specifically to the plaid pattern on the seat. It's not always stated overtly though - I agree with you on that observation. Mine just says "blue plaid bnch trim" in addition to the "special promotion pkg c" - but it considered a "Highlander" truck nonetheless, for EITHER reason (plaid seat or pkg truck). The Promo Pkg trucks are often referred to as "Highlanders" because all 3 packages had the plaid trim in common - so it's always associated with the trucks. Sometimes, the "package" isn't even listed on the SPID - and the debate goes on and on as to whether or not a non-pkg'ed SPID truck is a true "highlander" - but I think we've all come to the conclusion that it indeed is as long as it has the plaid trim. The options included in the "packages" are normally also listed - i.e. a package C truck will normally list separately the a/c and tilt on the SPID, even though they are part of the package c...

"Highlander Plaid Trim" was an enhancement option on Z62 (Fleetside Pickup & Suburban) or Z84 (Blazer only) optioned vehicles.

In addition "Highlander" promo packages A,B and C were offered that bundled several options with the Plaid trim.

Thus a promo package truck was a Highlander but a Highlander was NOT ALWAYS a promo package equipped truck.

Highlander trim codes
All include black dash pad, steering column (with or without tilt) and carpet. In addition the door panels, visors, console (Blazer only) and seat belts were always parchment (white). Seat vinyl was also parchment and the insert color is determined by the specific code. So the only variable color keyed component was the insert color of the seatcovers.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Pickups (Fleetside only) Custom Deluxe Z62 mandatory option
green/avocado 613
blue 611
gray 604
orange 618

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Suburbans Custom Deluxe Z62 mandatory option
green/avocado 647
blue 642
gray 639
orange 651

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
Blazer Cheyenne (CST) Z84 mandatory option
green/avocado 680
blue 677
gray 671
orange 686

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Promo package codes
The packages were an sales ordering group that bundled option selections but the options will be additionally listed seperately on the SPID due to it being a "package".

A= YG6: 6_ _ Plaid Trim, PA1 Special Wheelcovers C10 or PO3 Chrome Hubcaps C20-30, V46 Chrome Front Bumper, B85 Upper (Belt) Molding and tailgate trim, B93 Door Edge Guards and DG4 Below Eye-Line Mirrors, stainless.

B= YG7: Added M49 Turbo Hydra-matic Trans., N40 Power Steering and N33 Tilt to the YG6 package.

C= YG8: Added C60 A/C and A11 Tint to the YG7 package.

Remember these were packages so it would be possible to add options around the packages. As an example a YG6 C30 truck could have had N40 Power Steering and C60 Air Conditioning added to retain a four speed. However these would have been priced as stand alone options and not packaged priced.

There are a number of minor SPID description variations. "Gray" and "Avocado" are two Highlander only descriptions. Most say "custom trim combination" or "plaid trim" with another line "special promotion package" if it is a YG_ package truck. Most notably St. Louis (S) are the only SPIDs I have seen to date that actually say "Highlander" on them.
Attached Images

SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote