The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-05-2013, 01:02 AM   #1
c6_rob

Door And Cab Seals And Window Felt

Guys im at the door mock up stage. Aside from the pain in the ass hinges im working on all the rubber seals and retainers as well as the window felt and wipers.

Does anyone have pics of lower cab seals and door seals installed for reference?
Im also kinda confused about the window wipers/seals on my 47-50 doors.

A diagram or pics of a completed truck or a link to some good pics would be great. Im looking for the original pics of how a door should be restored.

Feel free to email me at robertblack01@yahoo.com

Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-05-2013, 04:40 AM   #2
msaintg

Re: Door And Cab Seals And Window Felt

man, I feel your pain. I too had a hell of a time with door hinges.... and latches.... and felt.... and window wiper... etc. The trim ring that screws on the inside of the door, where the felt strip is 'supposed' to staple onto, is very tight, and would not allow the new fellt strip to go on with staples. I left it off for now and will try again later. As for the wiper on the outside of the window, it too was very difficult to remove and replace. I was working on '47 doors, so maybe mine are slightly different than yours. There is no way to remove the old rubber, so I had to brake it apart and pull it out. The new strip is 'T' shaped, which will NOT go in that way. I cut it into an 'L' shape and I was able to push it into the channel and crimp the channel over to hold it in. There was NO way to slide it in from either end. I sure cursed the guy who designed that! The window track felt comes with metal clips to hold it in place.... I don't know why. I was unable to get them to hold in the felt while I twisted them to fit into the door frame. I ened up just leaving them off too. I know, not much help. Hope you do better than I did.
msaintg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:48 AM   #3
c6_rob

Thanks

Im putting in some window guide felt/glass run channel. Its not really making the radiuses like I want its also sticking out beyond the exterior stainless window trim. Anyone have this experience? Where did you guys purchase from?

Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-06-2013, 05:43 AM   #4
msaintg

I got my kit from Brothers (I think). The track channel in my kit was about one inch too long and had to be trimmed so that it would hook in the bottom clips (in the lower channel). I didn't have any problem just bending it with my hands. It will kinda buckle a little, but can be made flat later with pliers after install. I didn't have any problem getting it to lay in the recess around the door frame. It should not stick out past the trim ring. Did you install the outer trim ring first?
msaintg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:29 AM   #5
c6_rob

I got my kit from the The Truck Shop in California. Some of thet stuff they sell is ok buy lately some if the re-pop stuff is garbage. I may order a new felt kit from Brothers if you say yours turned out fine.

Thanks