The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-14-2013, 03:46 PM   #1
Howitzer

Do I need a new Rad Support?

Just what the title says. The front frame horn on the left side looks as though it was pushed in an inch or so. The fan shroud doesn't look to line up on the bottom (zip ties) and the top left crease looks a little extra bent. I'm trying to avoid fitment issues when all the painted panels go back on. Thoughts?

Also, i'm running a 4 core and would like a support that will hold this, are there any out there from the vendors that don't need modification for this fix?

Thanks!
Attached Images

Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:39 PM   #2
da-burb
"Ochre Ogre"

Re: Do I need a new Rad Support?

I don't really see a problem. Your zip ties don't matter. You are missing the spring clips that snap into the 2 holes that are directly in line with the holes in your fan shroud.

The only fab work to make a 2 or 3 core rad support is bending the bottom flange down so the lower cups are flat on the bottom of rad support. The factory looks like they used a hammer and chisel to bend it.

Bowtie Truck Stop Inc.
Mid-West GM Truck Restoration Parts Supplier
Your Key Parts, Auto Metal Direct, Dynacorn,
and Goodmark dealer.
like us @ www.facebook.com/BowtieTruckStop

1971 C-10 Suburban (Ochre)
1971 K-10 Suburban (Ochre)
1972 C-10 Suburban (Ochre)
1972 K-20 Suburban (Yellow- that just aint right!)

Springfield, Minnesota 56087
da-burb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:24 PM   #3
Robznob11

Re: Do I need a new Rad Support?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howitzer View Post
Just what the title says. The front frame horn on the left side looks as though it was pushed in an inch or so. The fan shroud doesn't look to line up on the bottom (zip ties) and the top left crease looks a little extra bent. I'm trying to avoid fitment issues when all the painted panels go back on. Thoughts?

Also, i'm running a 4 core and would like a support that will hold this, are there any out there from the vendors that don't need modification for this fix?

Thanks!
I wold weld the crack where your finger is pointing. The rest with the holes has already been covered above. Also just so you know you will have fitting issues the panels will take time and patients to put on. There is alot of room for adjustment but it is a pain. Also tipically it is harder to line everything up with repop stuff believe me my whole front end is repop and theres cutting welding and bending involved to get it perfect. Stick with oe if you can
Posted via Mobile Device
,,,,,,,/__(⊙)___//___/__(O)_/

@disciple2.rc 💪instagram💪
LED TAILS
Robznob11 is offline   Reply With Quote