The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #1
wreckedchevy

Hello this is my 69 stepside longbox

Hello all, this is my 69 stepside I got it in 94. I grew up on a Ford only ranch and for some reason I always wanted a 64-72 chevy truck so my folks bought me one for graduation just before I moved off the ford ranch. the truck was originally in excellent condition then It got totaled in 98 put back together as seen in the pic's and then put in storage for 7 years (momma wanted kids not trucks). just got it back to running good and starting to get some restoration work done on it (thankfully kids love the old truck) which is why I've been hitting the forum's a lot. thanks all for the great info on this site. I use to commute to work 140miles a day (round trip) in this truck plus a lot of weekend cruising in all the truck has 380,000 miles on it. currently on it's 5th engine a mid 80's 305. I still have the original 250 6 sitting in the shed. the truck had zero rust until I put it in storage and now driver's side floor and rocker's are completely gone. these pic's are all from before It went into storage i'll try to get some new ones uploaded somewhere to share when I start getting things tore down.

wreckedchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:14 PM   #2
wreckedchevy

Re: Hello this is my 69 stepside longbox

here's a couple recent shots. my speedometer quit working so I repainted a spare panel I had and put all the gauges in it and of course the used speedo I put it doesn't work right either.

forgot to mention earlier I also have:
69 chevy fleetside
70 chevey camper special

unfortunately they are both pretty much roached the camper special is what donated the front clip to bring my stepside back to life.
Attached Images

wreckedchevy is offline   Reply With Quote