The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-30-2013, 05:21 PM   #1
Southern Shaker
Account Suspended

Swappin Front ends

Hey guys!

Getting started on my 71' again im gonna use my 73' Cheyenne as a parts truck then scrap it. I want to use the 73 front suspension on my 71 cause my front end on the 71 is falling apart (thanks to stupid ol me haha) is there any heads up I needs? or look out for ? im going to be doing this over the next couple of days and I wanna make sure im prepared im bout to head up to the hardware store an pick up some grade 8 bolts to install it with Thanks guys an Wish me luck!

Southern Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:38 PM   #2
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Re: Swappin Front ends

What makes you think the '73 front end is in any better shape?
Didn't you just give $600 for this truck?

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:41 PM   #3
Southern Shaker
Account Suspended

Re: Swappin Front ends

I gave 500 but I bought it for the engine but the front end is complete. As my 71 is not its missin the tie rods and the springs so im doin with what I have
Posted via Mobile Device
Southern Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:09 PM   #4
stsalvage
Scrapper 1

Smile Re: Swappin Front ends

Its like you asking me to go out and find you another heart for the one that is working fine remember Older is better.Now if there was damage to the A Arms I say do it But tie rods there like 14 to 30.00 for each side.Did you ever drive your 71 if not.Think about this how much money do you have to spent on alignments and tires and the feel of your truck pulling from one side to the other.

Not sure in 1973-75 had the press in bushings instead of the screw in ones.Trust me you want to leave that front A frame where it is can you take a picture of how many shims that are on the 1971 front end and the power steering box has more turns then the after market boxes you buy from auto zone or any other parts houses.

My one questions is why are you junking trucks your 1973-75 chevy trucks are worth 500.00 to 1500 to 3000 In Calif cus of No smog you sound like your a chevy man only a dodge or ford man would junk a pretty straight truck like the one you have pictured should ask some of the board members if they want to buy it..

I have a 1971 and there is no way i ever touch the first year disc brake front end they made that front end bullet proof

Yes my needs all the bushings and ball joints and tie rods and brake hoses and rotors and calibers But that's only $350.00 in parts But at least i know i have the factory sub frame that came with the truck.

Me i keep that 1973-76 chevy truck as another project or sell it and get your money back after the engine and trans is used in your project

that's my thoughts

Last edited by stsalvage; 07-01-2013 at 11:48 PM.
stsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote