The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2013, 01:52 AM   #1
Hemisaurus

Recommendations on a Fuel Tank '66 c10

So, I've looked through FAQ section 2b under mount tank. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=370496 I went through the post, looked at literately 20 different builds and styles and looks... but I can't really make out which is the best. I want to relocate the tank to back of my 1966 Chevy c10. But I have no plans on running a Roll pan or a bumper and I don't really want it stick down like the Blazer tank. I'm not sure i like how low the LMC replacement looks. also I'm not sure if these tank would allow me to still mount a hitch to the frame or not.

much later on i will eventually put air bags on the truck. though i will not be modifying the frame to make it slammed. just going to make it drop as much as it will stock.

is there a smaller tank or a better solution. It doesn't need to be 20gals i mean a 15 - 16 gal or in that range would be ok.

If the Lmc tank would work best for my application, or if you think it would. I think thats looks the easiest and cheapest. ill have to deal with the look.

any help would be much appreciated.

Seth

- '66 C10 fleet side w/ '65 327

Build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post6156212

Last edited by Hemisaurus; 07-02-2013 at 02:04 AM.
Hemisaurus is offline   Reply With Quote