The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-11-2013, 08:11 PM   #1
jpnh

NH{new guy}

restoring an 84 c10 stepside bought a house of kolor paint job for it but it sux to say that i think i like the flat black primer sealer maybe ill leave it that way for a while
Attached Images

jpnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #2
vectorit
What?

Re: NH{new guy}

Welcome the forum!
vectorit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:22 PM   #3
jpnh

thanx-jeff
Old 08-15-2013, 01:04 PM   #4
1ATony

welcome to the site
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #5
jpnh

Thanx Tony,Pepperell Mass. not so far away i work in boston been workin on the charles river redevelopment in brighton lately-jeff
Old 08-16-2013, 03:52 PM   #6
Hoods69BadBowTie
Chevys Kick A$$

Hi welcome to the best board around from MT! Cool looking stepper looks like a fun project. What color did u end up buying for it?
-'86 K5 Blazer Silverado 6.2 4" lift 35"s
-'95 Ext. Cab Shorty 4" Tuff Country rolling 35" M/T's
-'83 Monte Carlo T-Tops. 126,500 Original Miles
-LATER
I would rather push a Chevy then drive a ford!!
Hoods69BadBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #7
jpnh

The color i got is gulf teal pearl its house of kolor black pearl series it looks like a hawaiian dark green/teal metal flake i was gonna do a 2 tone black on top green on the bottom the color is base coat bc25black
mid coat pbcc105gulftealpearl clearcoat uc35 not an easy paint but its very cool when you do it right the paint itself is leftover from a streetrod i saved from oblivion and sold during the recession the color kinda flops to black and looks black untill the light hits it if you paint it over the black base coat i also used it to do some bikes but i used a bc26 white base coat instead it gave it a purple to teal flop depending on how heavy you went with it, i like the color should be a challenge to do the 2 tone without messin it up-jeff
Attached Images

Old 08-18-2013, 07:52 PM   #8
jpnh

sposed to have my new wheels on there today they sent me 4.5 bolt pattern for the rear instead of 4.75 like i ordered measured 4 times and they still sent the wrong ones {crudd}got the wood finished tryn to get it back together-jeff
Attached Images

Old 08-20-2013, 08:53 PM   #9
Hoods69BadBowTie
Chevys Kick A$$

Wow that's one heck of a paint scheme sounds tricky. It looks pretty cool on the dodge though. Great job on the wood bed it turned out looking phenomenal!
-'86 K5 Blazer Silverado 6.2 4" lift 35"s
-'95 Ext. Cab Shorty 4" Tuff Country rolling 35" M/T's
-'83 Monte Carlo T-Tops. 126,500 Original Miles
-LATER
I would rather push a Chevy then drive a ford!!
Hoods69BadBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:02 PM   #10
jpnh

Thanx Hoods, been alot of work on that bed from just findn a good one to start with{in newengland} to breakn/sawzalln/drilln every rusted crusted bolt to get it apart takn it down to metal flippn it over doin the bottom rubberized undercoatn it flippn it back over epoxy primin it i used honey oil stain on the wood at first and decided it looked too much like a bad entertainment center laminate then i went over it again with minwax dark walnut wich was kinda a happy accident i like the way the first stain shines through the darker second one gives the woodgrain a cool look im glad there was no adverse reaction combining the 2 im still pluggn away on it just got the stock style led tailights/tailgate leds for it gotta drill for the flush mount gas filler hopefully i can get it back together for some rides in the fall-jeff
Attached Images

Old 09-08-2013, 01:38 AM   #11
jpnh

got my spindles installed/bed bolted down right/tail pan back on/license plate/led taillights/plate light hooked up. every thing works{gotta thank vic at jdr auto} ended up goin with 2 1/2 drop spindles with the stock springs didnt wanna go too low around these parts. we flipped things around did a spring under conversion in the rear a while back probably dropped bout 6 inches in the rear any lower and id have to c notch the frame the 2 1/2 drop spindles finally dropped it down enough in the front so it has the right rake still got bout 5 inches under the front air deflector had to use the old hockey puck/6 inch bed bolts trick to make the stepside bed sit right on the frame just gotta get the fenders on the rear/get the wheels and ill be back on the road its taken a long time to erase all the hackings that were plaguing this truck still got more to go but im gettn closer got more pix just gotta process them-jeff
Attached Images

Old 09-17-2013, 03:36 PM   #12
jpnh

Talking Re: NH{new guy}

Finally, back on the road took some perseverance but im out there. still got a ways to go though. finally got the new wheels to fit. was measuring the bolt pattern from center to center on the studsthey want you to measure from the center of one to the outside edge of the other. but it worked out. had to put new brake rotors/wheel bearings i found one of the rotors had a crack in it couldnt leave it. got the rear fenders back on and the braces in battery seems weak gotta replace it. on to the next phase gonna suck taking it back apart for paint after getting everything to fit. "no pain no gain"
Attached Images