The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #1
AZNUKLHD

New member in PHX.AZ

Hello all.

Had a 79 SWB 4x4 350 3 speed truck from 04 to 08. It was a running project but never really got off the ground. It was my first project and I had my son in late 05. So working nights half the week and then having a new born the truck moved down the priority list and eventually I decided to let someone else enjoy it.

Over the past few years I have been looking at a lot of potential new projects but my ADD/hopes/wishes haven't matched my wallet (or should I say the misses purse) lol... She's not a car person as she thinks I should just buy a Honda as its only transportation! I on the other hand have cars in my blood. My dad drag raced for 40 plus years and retired from GM after 35. Our family hasm had more than 12 Camaros, 7 + C10's, Silverado’s and Suburban’s.

So after a few months of looking at some Chevy trucks I finally pulled the trigger on a 71 C10, LWB, 350 with 3 speed and A.C. I was one day away from getting an 84 square body but saw the 71 the night before. The truck is in great shape IMO. Has been in the AZ desert a long time. I bought it last weekend for $1500 and it was not running as it sat idle for nearly 5 years. I have since been working on it and hope to make it my D.D and customize when I can sneak some extra cash from the cookie jar. Reason being is I work ~4 miles from home and my F250 Superduty Diesel doesn’t care for the stop and go traffic for 4 miles when its 117 outside.

Unfortunately I had to replace the head studs, head gaskets, 4 fuel injectors and the FICM plus labor on my S.D last week. So my project budget was almost depleted. So that puts me on a "project" as compared to a solid D.D.

I plan to start a slow build thread once I figure out how to get some pics on the forum. Believe it not at 40 y/old I have never uploaded pics.

My goal for the truck at the end is to have a clean, lowered SWB D.D that puts down some very respectable H.P. plan to keep the manual trans, A.C and patina.

I hope to get the pics added soon and I look forward to sharing info, gaining knowledge from this site and sharing this project with my son.

Oh btw if you didnt notice I am long winded apparently.
AZNUKLHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:07 AM   #2
19666Trucker

Re: New member in PHX.AZ

Welcome to board let if you help with anything. I am Jason
Posted via Mobile Device
19666Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:15 AM   #3
Lees68GMC

Re: New member in PHX.AZ

Welcome Desert Rat, good luck on your project
"No matter what happens, nobody gets out alive"