The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-19-2013, 10:31 PM   #1
stony66

Not a good day

My 66 shortbed stepside got hit today,looks almost like the same damage to narxoleptics truck.The right side of my hood destroyed,knocked hood over to left.I was making a u-turn,stopped for just a second to make sure 2 trucks coming from my left were going to stop,this guy slams into right front.He ran a red light and hit me going about 25 or 30.Sucks after replacing everything and getting reliable.Was going to get my son to help me post pictures this weekend,guess now they will show damage.Have to wait on his insurance to see what they say.Will be looking for parts i hope. Stony
stony66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:34 PM   #2
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: Not a good day

Bummer. Sorry to hear about the wreck, I've been through the same scenario. I hope you weren't hurt.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:10 PM   #3
Sharps40
Account Suspended

Damn Shame. I lost Ol John Lee on 14 Feb 2013 to a head on collision with an Accord that just jumped right on under my truck. Bent the hell outta both front frame rails and Ol John Lee was totaled. But he lives on in about 15 different trucks including my replacement 65 C10, John Lee Jr.

Sorry bout the hood. Hope its all just sheet metal that's bent and yer frame is still straight as a laser beam.
Sharps40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:39 AM   #4
jbgroby

Post a pic so we can cry with you!
jbgroby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:40 AM   #5
jbgroby

Post pic so we can cry with you.
jbgroby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:31 PM   #6
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Sorry to hear another one suffered damage.
Reminder to those still building them; GET GOOD INSURANCE...FOR A CUSTOM/CLASSIC

After the hard work we put into them, get classic or custom insurance. Though regular insurance my cover the medical claims etc, it won't compare to specialized insurance. The big insurance companies have no interest in the quality of the parts, or the portfolio of the shop the work is done at, which can lead to things not being done "as you would do them yourself".
I spoke at length with my agent, and and my custom insurance covers near 1.5 times the min limits most 2-way insurances have, then goes on to cover specialized uses (racing if you pay for it), all claims while parked (so save your homeowners ins), as well as "special equipment".....let me explain;
Because my vehicle is registered as a Hobbyist (i.e hot rod), and I have SV (specialized vehicle)/ "Street Modified" insurance it will covers ALL the rediculous little things that need to be replaced. Things like expensive custom fittings, fabricated crossmembers etc etc etc, should the vehicle suffer damage. This also prevents your insurance company from either short-cutting the repairs, or disqualifying parts because they are not stock...which can and does happen.
It also means that if I have a bed full of jacks, stands, extra wheels etc going to an event or show; every piece has its value replaced, and this doesn't cost extra. I even get coverage for extras and parts waiting to get installed should they get stolen from my garage or my truck.
Pretty rad right?
oh and I can put up to 10k/yr on the truck without mileage concerns, have an agreed value that is VERY nice, and I pad less than most people pay for 1-way regular insurance.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:06 PM   #7
stony66

Will try to get my son to take some pics tomorrow and get on here,wasn't hurt,still runs and drives great.Sharps40 mine has the mirror off John lee jr.,I believe.So it donated some life to mine as well.Hope to get something working with his insurance co. next week,State farm.We will see.Will to post pics tomorrow.
stony66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #8
Qatari

Sorry to hear that
Posted via Mobile Device
Qatari is offline   Reply With Quote