The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-20-2013, 07:45 PM   #1
mookiex4

Question Clutch pedal will not move even a half inch

I had a high school auto shop install a 283 V8 into my 65 GMC as a class project. They ran out of time and din quite finish. The immediate problem I am having is that when I push on the Clutch pedal it will not move at all. It appears everything from pedal through the bell crank and the yoke are moving in the correct direction that it should release.

I am thinking two things:

1) The Friction disc is in backwards, (What it correct? Raisd side facing tranny or flat side?).

2) The other would be that the adjustment to the linkage from the bell crank to the yoke arm has not been made. Currently it is all the way out to the edge of the treads. If it were any farther out the nuts would fall off on the ground.

They did have to make a couple of modifications, but it is such a simple movement that it shouldn't be an issue. Perhaps the Bell Crank was not the exact part.

I really need help and would prefer not to drop the tranny if I can avoid it.

Thanks,
Mark
mookiex4 is offline   Reply With Quote