The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2013, 11:45 PM   #1
westong

just didn't go as planned

Well after watching numerous YouTube videos and reading several post of how to install a windshield. Today just didn't work like I had planned. I removed a windshield intact from a parts truck in good shape with no cracks and planned to install it in my truck that had a badly spidered windshield. I removed the old glass from.my truck in pieces so I could reuse the seal after soaking it in tide detergent and powdered dish washing soap. I was really suprised how much it brought the old seal back to life after soaking for two weeks. I took my time and really tried to make it all come out good but after a few tries and acouple hours of frustration the glass cracked when I was trying to re position it as it just wouldn't seat into the top.channel enough were I could get the bottom seal to go were it needed. So off it will go to the proffesionals and get it done right. The bummer of the deal is the local cruise is this weekend and I doubt I will have her done in time....oh well I guess its just the way it goes....
Posted via Mobile Device
westong is offline   Reply With Quote