The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-07-2013, 10:06 PM   #1
A.C.E. Graphics

setting ride hight

i have built a frame rack to house my frame so i can c notch it and make new crossmembers, i am also going to be putting airbags all the way around so my question is what is a normal ride hight and do i need to establish ride hight now or since i am putting airbags all the way around is that somthing i can do later, can i just level the frame and build off of that? also a guy on here told me when making motor mounts the intake needs to be level my question to that is do i have to have the motor level with the rake established if i am going to have any, im sure i will have a little rake up front, or will that not make a big difference. im not sure if i will be making any motor mounts but i might cause i dont like the stock ones. im just not sure what needs to be established now and what can b adjusted later.

also i have sectioned the front crossmember 1.5 inches my question is if it is off just a tad say 1/16 from front to back meaning the flat part that bolts to the bottom of the frame will that effect much, i know from the factory they are tilted a certain degree towards the back but didnt know how much play i had there.

i havnt done a whole lot of suspension stuff before and id like to learn so i get a little confused with this kinda stuff cause i havnt done it a whole lot, im just not sure what degree some things have to be, how much leway i have on certain things, and what things have to be spot on in conjuction to other things, and what things need to be measurement wise and so on.... so if any one can school me or point me to some litterature on this stuff it sure would be appriciated.

thanks
josh
A.C.E. Graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:01 PM   #2
A.C.E. Graphics

Re: setting ride hight

does anyone have an approx. measurement from the frame to ground on their truck so I can get a good idea on ride hight on a truck that sits low to the ground but driveable
A.C.E. Graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 01:00 AM   #3
firedog

Re: setting ride hight

Ride heighth on a bagged truck varies with what you are doing, crusing around town showing off I can handle a rough ride, but driving down the interstate at 60-70 mph you dont want to be as bouncy so the ride height is higher due to higher pressure in the bags, after I bagged my truck I had a wheel alignment and the measurement from the bottom of the fender lip in the wheel opening to the ground was 26" in the front and 27" in the back if that helps. but I doubt if I ever drive exactly at that height.
Tach/tilt/buddy buckets
Bagged/18" Wheels
Black on Black

Project "Pandemic" the Farm Rat
1927 Chevy Capitol Truck Rat rod
'30 Model A Frame
Dual Carb 5.3 LS
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=804162

2007 GMC 4 DOOR 2WD
BUILT 5.3 STAGE 3 CAM 93 TUNE
LIFTED 22X12 WHEELS 33" TIRES

2023 Jeep RENEGADE