The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-10-2013, 06:52 PM   #1
Indian113

I got SPANKED!

This morning I was feeling pretty frogy and pulled up beside a 68 Camaro. It had stock looking old paint job and looked stock . I got the jump but when he got traction and hit 2nd gear it was all over but the shouting. He pulled over and I stopped to check out his ride while he looked my S10 over. He had a LS1 and 6 speed in it , a real clean installation. He told me he had seen my truck and wondered what I had and how he would do against it. I guess there's a new Sheriff in town
Indian113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:06 AM   #2
oldman3

Re: I got SPANKED!

Ray, there is always someone a little faster, just took you a little longer to find him...Jim
oldman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:06 AM   #3
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

Re: I got SPANKED!

I got spanked, really hard last time out. I let the youngest kid (22 yrs old), take the old longhorn for what she had....all was good, till his mama heard about it! hell , the kid had a riot.....stopped in the middle of the interstate, pulled her to about 4000, side stepped the clutch, & started rowing gears! He covered the 1/4 mile@ 100-105, in 4th gear....then pulled 5th, to 6000 rpms! Kid, you are @ 125 now.....2 choices, ease up, or drop her into OD, & lay that hammer down? He thought he was going fast enough? The old man had to show the kid , what the old truck would really do....not a very sharp idea.....but a wide open /smooth hyway? That old truck was well past 140mph.....here is the spot that we all need to think about it? It wont take , but one blown tire, or one "bambi" to jump in front of you.....or the goof running the fast lane @ 80mph, & you roll up on him, (close to 2 times his speed)? That dude, don't have a clue....hell, he thought he was the fastest car out there? Longhorn,56 yrs young & still trying to "grow up"!
69 longhorn,4" chop,3/5 drop, 1/2 ton suspension/disc brakes,1 1/2" body drop,steel tilt clip, 5.3/Edelbrock rpm intake/600 carb, Hooker streetrod shorties,2 1/2" exhaust/ H pipe/50's Flows , 6 spd Richmond trans,12 bolt/ 3.40 gears....
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote