The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-04-2003, 12:59 AM   #1
Prerunner1982

Exclamation the time has come.... to rebuilt the carb!

ok.. well some of you may remember some months ago when i kinda messed up my carb (where the filter goes). well i "fixed" it with epoxy and it sealed just fine.... for awhile.. then it started to peel off the outside. well today as i was driving back to work the truck was hesistant and stuttered no matter how hard i pushed on the gas or let off. it was stubbling over itself... for about 2 miles, then it started running fine until i came to a stop and then rpms would drop and die. would run decent when it was going. i figured it was epoxy on the inside that had come loose and got caught and is blocking the fuel, causing it to stumble. it just so happens i have a spare (complete) carb, (thanks pkbinplano, i owe you) only a few minor differences between the two carbs. instead of low rpms, they are too high but it made it home. i am going to rebuilt the original carb that might/hopefully be clogged and see how things go. any tips? i plan on re-reading mikes page.... i just hope this is it, my truck briefly over heated a few days ago, i hope i didnt blow the head gaskets...

sorry so long. just wanted to rant.
Oklahoma Roll Call
Prerunner1982 is offline   Reply With Quote