The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-14-2013, 04:08 PM   #1
draggin49

question for guys running porterbuilt..

Was trying to get a rough ballpark on how many hours it took to install the extreme front dropmember setup and also how long to install the extreme rear dropmember setup?

Never installed something like this so figured id ask the time needed and also the difficulty level on a scale of 1-10. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
draggin49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:11 PM   #2
draggin49

Re: question for guys running porterbuilt..

Im trying to finalize my decision.its narrowed between the above setup or the ece 4.5/6 kit
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-14-2013, 04:16 PM   #3
Bhelton

it all bolts in except for notching the frame for the power steering rack, a crew of pro did it in one day. one man should be able to do it in 3 taking his time with help from a buddy or 2. There is a big difference between a simple drop and a drop member install, if you want it as low as possible I'd personally do the drop member. Good Luck with your decision
Bhelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:19 PM   #4
draggin49

Thanks Bhelton , reason I asked is im not as mechanically inclined as most on this site. I personally love the look of the porterbuilt. I can probably put together the cash for an extreme front and rear drop member.cant afford tubular arms, but found an article using stock arms with a little modification.just cant afford labor cost to have my mechanic install it. It sounds straight forward.maybe ill try and see if anyone I know would up for helping do the install . I have free time, dont mind doing the work just want to make sure I get it right and not mess things up.

I know the ece is a much simpler route/install just gotta really think if ill be happy with it.originally had planned on bagging this truck
Posted via Mobile Device