The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-16-2013, 10:09 AM   #1
texascowboy593

Goodbye Flight '59

Howdy all,
Been awhile since I last posted. I have been a busy guy lately. This past year has been a big change for me. I am now working as a filmmaker and a video editor for a local outfit. I gave up my trucking career (and lots of pay) for this but I'm happier and a little less stressed.

With that being said, I have sold my old '59 that many of you know due to a few financial issues and just for the plain fact that I sadly lost interest in her. The next owner will have a couple of bugs to work out of her but not too big of a deal.

I am happy to report that my '71 Cheyenne will be coming back home after 5 years. My pal Woody has taken good care of her and he is ready to sell it back to me (much less than what the 59 sold for).

So there it is. I'm going back in time and getting my old newer truck (if that makes any sense)

A little video of the '59
http://youtu.be/RErsxgjgaFY
2014 Dodge Durango (Wife-mobile)
2008 Dodge Ram Lone Star Edition (Daily driver)
texascowboy593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:20 AM   #2
1968aj

Re: Goodbye Flight '59

as i live in southeast texas i must say that your 59 video hit home with me. makes me want to go out and work on my 59 right now.
1968aj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:47 AM   #3
alaska gasser

Re: Goodbye Flight '59

Glad to hear you are getting your old / new truck back. I sure wish I could find my first truck I built and stupidly sold. I told my wife that it could be rolled and burned and I would still buy it in a heartbeat.
alaska gasser is offline   Reply With Quote