The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2013, 07:28 PM   #1
russgoodman

Project "3Face 69 SWB"

I purchased this truck in Oct 2012 as a project for my wife to give her for the 15th anniversary of when we first started dating. I had to hide it in a barn for a month but she's too dang nosy so I had to reveal it to her earlier. I grew up a Ford guy - my great-grandpa founded a Ford dealership in 1923 and it stayed in the family until it closed in the late 1990's. But most importantly, I am a car guy and I appreciate all makes. My wife grew up all bowtie as her dad and grandpa always had Chevy trucks. She had a 98 model SWB Chevy when we met. We have both loved this body style forever and so when I found this truck it spoke to me for some reason.

I watched the truck pop up on CL, and the guy kept lowering the price once a week until it got so cheap that I had to call him. He told me he traded the truck off to another guy because he couldn't get any realistic buyers, but he figured the guy would want to sell it so he gave me the guys number. I called the guy up and we arranged a time for me to go check it out. Of course I had to lie to my wife to go check it out - told her I got called into work. I drove down to north Texas to meet the guy. I followed him to his house and it was awesome. He had probably 300 old cars/trucks from the 50s-70s behind his house. I guess he parts out stuff and drives all around to swap meets selling parts. The truck looked like a big project but seemed pretty solid. I made sure it wasn't a cut down LWB. Floors seemed solid. It started and ran on starting fluid but didn't have a fuel pump. We cut a deal and loaded it up. I had to race home with it, hide it, and unhook my trailer before my wife started acting suspicious.

The truck is a 1969 Chevy C10 SWB originally med olive. Its a 250/3 OTT truck originally but has been converted to floor shift.

Here are the pics from the craigslist ad
Attached Images

2008 GMC Sierra Denali - 6.2L AWD - my daily
2011 Ford Flex Limited - Ecoboost AWD - wife's daily
1987 Buick Regal Turbo T - 63K miles - Strip/Street car
1965 Ford Mustang Coupe - 289, c4, 53K miles
russgoodman is offline   Reply With Quote