The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-26-2013, 04:27 PM   #1
cwinesette

Door Window rebuild

After driving my 83 C10 Shortbed for awhile I am ready to take care of all of the rattles. Before the weather gets bad I want to start with my doors and their windows. When I am driving the windows in the doors rattle pretty good. They are also real hard to put up and down. Also, from the sound they don't sound like they are sealing good. I was looking at the window parts on and wanted to know parts you guys recommend I replace. They have a few kits, but the descriptions of what comes in the kit are not clear. I would like the windows to be more secure, not rattle, and go up and down easier (manual windows). Any suggestions on what I replace?
cwinesette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:32 PM   #2
Loose Cannon

Re: Door Window rebuild

Just did this a few months ago, I bought parts from LMC for the window tracks, seals, wind-wings, and door seals. It took a day, but now the truck pops my ears when I shut the doors.

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/CC/full.aspx?Page=19

P/N's:
38-5952
38-5651
38-6074
38-6075

After I got it all in i found a set of newer wind-wings in great shape a used them to avoid the re-build of mine... So I don't know how that would have gone.

It's not a hard job but be careful not to bend anything those clips and tabs can cause trouble.
Loose Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote