The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-31-2013, 10:07 PM   #1
kaphillips

WTB Bucket Cab Crossmember Support Brace

Hey people I would like to buy a support brace that is unique to an original bucket seat cab. What I am looking for is the under cab brace that is a full width support brace that connects at both floor plan supports. See the attached url for a thread that discusses this brace in length with excellent images. I will be willing to pay a reasonable top dollar price for a truck brace. Will consider the brace from a Blazer as a second choice being it will need some modifications on the ends to fit properly on a truck. If you are willing to sell please quote full price including shipping to Amarillo TX 79106. Dig deep folks. I am restoring an original big block 1970 swb. I had to replace most of the floor pan on the original high hump cab and my brace is toast.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=
kaphillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:49 PM   #2
kaphillips

Re: WTB Bucket Cab Crossmember Support Brace

Sorry, the above url does not work here is the correct thread url
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=317529
Old 09-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #3
kaphillips

Do you have the support brace that is unique to an original bucket seat cab. What I am looking for is the under cab brace that is a full width support brace that connects at both floor plan supports. See the attached url for a thread that discusses this brace in length with excellent images. I will be willing to pay a reasonable top dollar price for a truck brace. Will consider the brace from a Blazer as a second choice being it will need some modifications on the ends to fit properly on a truck. If you are willing to sell please quote full price including shipping to Amarillo TX 79106. Dig deep please. I am restoring an original big block 1970 swb. I had to replace most of the floor pan on the original high hump cab and my brace is toast.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=317529
Old 09-01-2013, 05:41 PM   #4
Bgrdmoose

Roger Koop is making them. Hope this helps
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=557195
Posted via Mobile Device
Bgrdmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #5
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaphillips View Post
Do you have the support brace that is unique to an original bucket seat cab. What I am looking for is the under cab brace that is a full width support brace that connects at both floor plan supports.
We have complete intact OE #A50 pickup bucket seat floor pans available for $250., would need to check on shipping cost to TX. after figuring/guesstimating overall dimensions of braces cut out of floor pan. Those were our old pictures shown in your above linked thread, the second posted link (Bgrdmoose) to Roger Koops thread contains some incorrect information posted by Mr. Koop regarding there NEVER being a main fwd. cross member support that the front bucket seats bolt into, he had stated in post #37 of that thread that: "the front bucket mounting just used a square nut welded to the floor. No additional floor support brackets was used except for what was used for the bench seat". This is incorrect info, all 69-72 A50 bucket optioned pickups, suburbans and of course blazers had the main fwd x-member brace joining the cab floor supports if truck/suburban or rocker boxes if blazer/jimmy that the front attaching point of the bucket seat brackets were securely bolted into. Mel
Classic Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:26 PM   #6
kaphillips

does your complete oe #a50 floor plan have all of the correct holes predrilled for a direct bolt up of factory buckets and include the correct full width brace i correctly am referring to---is there any way just the full width brackett can be sold- i really dont want to cut out and replace the full floor pan.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #7
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Quote:
does your complete oe #a50 floor plan have all of the correct holes predrilled for a direct bolt up of factory buckets and include the correct full width brace i correctly am referring to---is there any way just the full width brackett can be sold- i really dont want to cut out and replace the full floor pan.
Yes, these are original GM pickup bucket seat floor pans, if you go back and look at that older thread containing our pictures, note the highlighted in blue bucket seat fwd brace/x-member and the other rear brackets. In my above post #5, these are the pieces that I had offered to check on shipping cost to TX. after figuring/guesstimating overall dimensions of braces cut out of floor pan. Mel
Old 09-01-2013, 07:50 PM   #8
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Bowties View Post
....all 69-72 A50 bucket optioned pickups, suburbans and of course blazers had the main fwd x-member brace joining the cab floor supports if truck/suburban or rocker boxes if blazer/jimmy that the front attaching point of the bucket seat brackets were securely bolted into. Mel
What Mel says about the forward brace being used is absolutely correct - an important piece in terms of integrity IMO. Hard to find a complete OEM setup.

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:44 PM   #9
kaphillips

Hey Mel will you call me Ken Phillips Ph # 806-236-4375 to discuss this topic on what all my options are, or pm me with your phone number if you don't mind me calling You. You obviously are the guru on an a50 bucket seat floor pan. Thanks
Old 09-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #10
kaphillips

Mel is your complete intact OE #A50 pickup bucket seat floor pan for a standard cab or the high hump cab?
Old 09-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #11
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Quote:
Mel is your complete intact OE #A50 pickup bucket seat floor pan for a standard cab or the high hump cab?
No brace difference between high or low IIRC...

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:24 PM   #12
kaphillips

I realize the support brace itself is the same but my question to Mel was his complete one piece a50 floor pan rocker to rocker a high or low floor.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:33 AM   #13
DANTIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Bowties View Post
Yes, these are original GM pickup bucket seat floor pans, if you go back and look at that older thread containing our pictures, note the highlighted in blue bucket seat fwd brace/x-member and the other rear brackets. In my above post #5, these are the pieces that I had offered to check on shipping cost to TX. after figuring/guesstimating overall dimensions of braces cut out of floor pan. Mel
I'll take one of those floor pans shipped to business address in 46805. Thanks Mel!!
DANTIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #14
70ptta

Ill take one if you have one also. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
70ptta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:08 AM   #15
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Quote:
Hey Mel will you call me Ken Phillips Ph # 806-236-4375 to discuss this topic on what all my options are, or pm me with your phone number if you don't mind me calling You. You obviously are the guru on an a50 bucket seat floor pan. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
No brace difference between high or low IIRC...
Quote:
I realize the support brace itself is the same but my question to Mel was his complete one piece a50 floor pan rocker to rocker a high or low floor.
Ken, yes that fwd bucket brace is the same on both the low & tall tunnel floor pans as it sits just behind that area of the floor pan. Did an inventory earlier today and we currently have three of these OE bucket seat floor pans removed from pickups, we need one of them for one of our own future projects which would leave two available. One of the two was removed from a 70 BBC 402/TH400 truck so its a tall tunnel and the second one was removed from a 72 SB 350/350 truck and its a low tunnel. I got some pictures of the 70 bucket seat floor pan earlier today and also figured out a couple of shipping options for you, stand by as I am resizing the pics for posting now. Also if needed, I can be contacted using the below info. Mel
Old 09-06-2013, 01:23 AM   #16
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Ken, here are some pictures of that complete 70 pickup bucket seat floor pan that I had mentioned above. While getting the pics I took some measurements & weights for shipping options, take a look at the last picture and note the dotted lines on each side of floor pan, while not being the cheapest route this is where I could cut it and send it whole if you wish. The second and much easier on the wallet option would be for us to cut out and ship only the highllighted in yellow areas. Shipping cost to TX. 79106 via fedex ground came in at $137.48 for the whole floor less outer edges and only $43.32 for all the separate pieces cut out, boxed up and shipped. If going the second route, you can figure on us having somewhere between one & two hours time in cutting out all the separate braces so add $40. to cover some shop time and cutoff wheels. Let me know what your thoughts are, Mel.
Attached Images

Old 09-06-2013, 01:26 AM   #17
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

More pics...
Attached Images

Old 09-06-2013, 01:47 AM   #18
kaphillips

Thanks Mel for the excellent pictures and options. I will call you in the morning at 8:30 your time in Portland on my thoughts and decision. I admire your professionalism and customer service. Talk to ya in the morning.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:55 AM   #19
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANTIP View Post
I'll take one of those floor pans shipped to business address in 46805. Thanks Mel!!
Hi Dan, you know the drill around here on these wtb threads in that the original thread poster has first right of refusal for the offered parts. While acknowledging that we do have a couple of these bucket floor pans available, I still feel that kaphillips should have the option to answer back and get squared away first. I will have to get some pictures of it but you will be first up on the second available bucket seat floor pan, read my above reply to Ken and note that last picture with the highlighted cut out/off areas to get an idea of what I came up with for shipping options or also let me know your ideas if you have any. Shipping cost as listed above but instead to IN. 46805 Business Zip came in at $148.17 for the whole floor pan cut off at outer green dotted lines or $50.19 for all the separate pieces cut out and shipped. Thanks for the interest, Mel
Old 09-06-2013, 01:57 AM   #20
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Quote:
Thanks Mel for the excellent pictures and options. I will call you in the morning at 8:30 your time in Portland on my thoughts and decision. I admire your professionalism and customer service. Talk to ya in the morning.
Sounds good, will talk with you in the morning. Mel
Old 09-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #21
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Hi Ken, sorry for the short delay. I ended up getting stuck on the phone for a little while, here is that TH400 kickdown switch, bracket, actuating tab and complete uncut power wire w/firewall grommet and plug ends to fuse panel. This was removed from a 69 big block 396/TH400 truck, as I had stated it was a complete setup besides the orange wire that runs down to the trans. I took a look at a couple of pulled 400's and one of them still had a short chunk of the missing orange wire with the plug and wire mounting tab, the wire itself is oil soaked and brittle but I will include it to give you an idea of what you are needing. Let me know, Mel.
Attached Images

Old 09-06-2013, 01:42 PM   #22
kaphillips

Ok Mel I will take the pan cut in separate pieces as illustrated and the kickdown switch as discussed over the phone. Thanks Mel you are a gentleman and a scholar. Palpal payment headed your way shortly today.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #23
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Quote:
kaphillips, am not sure who or why anyone is messing with your WTB thread while we are in the middle of your deal here, but here is my contact info again and I also still need your full shipping address. Thanks, Mel.
Attached Images

Old 09-23-2013, 09:41 PM   #24
keh27

how much for just the brackets marked in yellow shipped to 37064? thanks
keh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:07 PM   #25
kaphillips

Hey Mel you had the shipment on hold while I was out of town. I have returned and I am ready for brace, brackets, and kickdown switch to be shipped . Thanks again.