The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2013, 04:35 PM   #1
misfit0313

New Guy from Northern Wisconsin

Hello guys, My name is Jeremy and I'm new to the boards. I'm a 37 year old truck driver that works on his old 1970 C10 with his 11 year old son. My truck is special to me, I've owned it for 23 years. My father helped me raise $2000, back in the day, for my old truck to be my first vehicle. The old truck served me well for many years, until i decided to try my hand at body work. Let me tell you something, it turned out to be a near disaster. It was 1994 and the truck was painted for my senior project in high school. The body or paint has not been touched since. One of my friend's dads taught me how to do do engine repairs. We worked on my old truck night and day through the summer, and eventually a Pontiac 400 was shoehorned into my baby. Things went well for a while until one fateful day of tearing around country back roads. Somehow the shifter was bumped, the Poncho over-revved, and the engine was carried home in 5 gallon buckets.

My old 1970 sat for many years, with blackberries growing out the hood, in my backyard, always moving with me, wherever I moved. I met my wife, had kids, all the time missing my truck and having no time or money to get it back running. It was 2 years ago when my youngest, now age 11, asked if we could fix the old truck together. Even though funds and time are still limited, we have got the truck driveable again. Back in the day the goal was purely to go fast, now the target is making the old truck a safe ride for me and my youngest kid.
Attached Images

misfit0313 is offline   Reply With Quote