The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-06-2013, 08:31 PM   #1
TacBlade

I would like to start a Classic Chevy Truck Club? I Need Ideas?

I would like to start a Classic Chevy Truck Club locally. I am not sure what I would need to do first, other than talk to some guys that I know, that have Classic Chevy Trucks. I am looking for Website possibility's, membership ideas, ways to have a little money coming in for awards and food and drinks when needed? Any info from you guys that may have started a club would be helpful? Thanks!
TacBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:31 PM   #2
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Re: I would like to start a Classic Chevy Truck Club? I Need Ideas?

Start with a meet and greet.Invite a few of the truck guys to meet for a lunch"Dutch Treat".Once you get them coming,to hang out and such a club becomes the logical next step.They gotta know each other a bit before that happens.

Check out the meets,events ,and other boards in that area.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #3
Mister-B
Account Suspended

It's tough. Won't lie. Start with the suggestion above, and see how it goes. We had a tough time getting a very good turnout. We even had good free food, and multiple free original parts that some were interested in, but people forget, and it always seems like people are "busy"
Posted via Mobile Device
Mister-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #4
Lee H

Yup, plan and set up a meet & greet in your area and post it (need enough lead time so people can schedule it in). See where it goes. I'm my local area everyone likes meet & greets but very few will actually go through the work to schedule one. Good luck!
Posted via Mobile Device

1965 Corvette roadster, 44K miles, 327/365 SHP, 4 speed, side exhaust, knockoffs, teak, second owner (bought in 1970), Have ALL numbers matching components.

My frame off restoration thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=556703
Lee H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:58 PM   #5
TacBlade

I see alot of these trucks around, nice ones and not so nice ones. I am also wanting any year of Chevy Classic trucks, but I am of course interestedin 67-72. I know of 10 guys that have these trucks, but I have not said anything to them as of yet. SOON!!!

Anyone on here from Rapid City area? I know the two guys working on my new engine each have a truck and I believe they get on here?
TacBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:14 PM   #6
Fitz
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacBlade View Post
I would like to start a Classic Chevy Truck Club locally. I am not sure what I would need to do first, other than talk to some guys that I know, that have Classic Chevy Trucks. I am looking for Website possibility's, membership ideas, ways to have a little money coming in for awards and food and drinks when needed? Any info from you guys that may have started a club would be helpful? Thanks!
A classic Chevy Truck club might not draw enough potential members unless you live in Texas near one of the bigger cities ( ) , but a Classic Chevy club would have a broad enough appeal to draw a large enough base of dues paying members to be viable. A Meet and Greet works well. Here in Tucson, we use the local Chevy dealer's conference room (because it's gratis meaning we don't have to pay for using it) and it does work!
Fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:22 PM   #7
71swb4x4

A classic truck club might work better. You want to meet people interested in old iron right?
Old 09-06-2013, 10:59 PM   #8
darkhorse970

We have a great group here in Louisiana that was started by a few members here and has grown to a nice size group of classic truck owners spread out over most of the state. We have several get togethers per year and travel together to bigger shows like GoodGuys Dallas, Cruising the Coast, Pate Swap Meet, etc...

I wasn't around when it started, buy I'd say that the key is to plan some breakfast or lunch get togethers that are centrally located and invite local truck owners and members here that live in the area. If you are persistent you will typically end up with a core group of like minded people that enjoy the same things and will become good friends. Some of the best friends I have we're those I met through the Louisiana Classic Truck Club.
Posted via Mobile Device

SOLD - 1963 C10 Short Fleet
350/700R4
4/6 drop

1967 GMC Super Custom - Short Fleet
COPO concept w/427 BBC
T-400 w/Doug Nash overdrive
4/6 Drop, Buddy Buckets, etc...
Frame Off (In Progress)
I call it "Vulgar Display of Power"

1980 Silverado
Original paint
49k Original miles
4/6 drop

Check out my build thread here: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post6209941
darkhorse970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #9
Fitz
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71swb4x4 View Post
A classic truck club might work better. You want to meet people interested in old iron right?
Yes, a classic truck club would attract only classic truck guys. Here in Tucson (population 1,050,000) we have 250 members in our Classic Chevy Club and exactly 6 truck owners. Not much to base a Classic Truck Club on now is there?
Fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #10
Classicman

Hey guy's looking for a classic truck club in Dallas, Tx .
Classicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #11
circuit_doc
1968 Custom Camper

I started one in Phoenix using Meetup.com as a web site. They are free for the first year and after that you pay a small fee. I went to local shows and events and told others and things started to roll but I ran into some personal issues and let it die on the vine.

Meetup.com will provide you a site and calendar for your "parties" plus photo's of members. It's simple.

My reason for the club was to network with other guys for ideas and parts.