The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-12-2013, 07:31 PM   #1
malo66

Hello from Melbourne, Australia.

Hi guys.

Long time follower of all the sweet builds worldwide on this great forum.

Thought I'd jump on and introduce myself. I'm Dan, 27 (in a week) and I live in Melbourne, Australia.

I've grown up with trucks (minitruckin' predominantly) and a love for hot rods and full sizes. A few years ago I sold my Rodeo (pic below) which funded my first import out of Ohio. A 60 Apache (2nd pic). Unfortunately, things didn't go to plan because I wasn't in the financial situation of actually finishing it to a standard in the time frame I had in mind. So I had to sell it, made a loss, and went on with my business. For anyone that remembers this truck, Tim (Grumpy on here) sold it to me. I'll add he is a great guy, too!

This was my 92 Rodeo, 18 inch one-off billets, air ride, body dropped 3 inches

This was the 60s Apache I bought off Tim.

Years down the track, I've bought a house and just finished my garage. Have a darling fiance, and three crazy German Shepherd's - named Chevy, Nova, and Sarge. (go figure... die hard 66-67 Nova lover)

Here is my shed and my wonderful pups.

Nova, Chevy and Sarge. I know no one will jump my fence...

Talking it out with the miss, we agreed to fund a new project. I hunted around and found some good candidates out of L.A.. The first truck I decided to purchase fell through. VIN numbers weren't present and the freight depot didn't take receipt of the vehicle. They acted as Escrow and I'm certainly glad I didn't think twice about treating the purchase like this. When that sale fell through, I'd been watching a few of Boris' eBay listings which had recently sold. I flicked him off an email and things had changed and they were now out of my price range. He shot me back a photo of a green, small box, big window 66 that I instantly fell in love with. I think a day later I sent him the cash and the transaction was finished. I'd just purchased my second C10 out of Ohio.

Here is a pic of the 66.

I'm hoping to make some friendships out of the site. Some people would already think I'm a stalker via Facebook, Instagram and Flickr for the amount of likes and loves I'll give their photos. Ha ha ha!

Again, thanks for your time and I'll be linking a build up here momentarily.

Cheers,

Dan (MALO66)
malo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #2
Sillyoldman

Re: Hello from Melbourne, Australia.

Welcome Dan good stuff there!

'71 Custom Deluxe C-20 402.
'67 Buick Special 455.
'49 Plymouth Special Deluxe.
"I love that old car smell"

Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Sillyoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:38 PM   #3
Bainsy

Re: Hello from Melbourne, Australia.

hey dude and welcome! im new to the site to and from Warragul area in Gippsland. Just up the road from u! nice ride
Bainsy is offline   Reply With Quote