The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-13-2013, 12:35 AM   #1
low&slow
Account Suspended

69 to 67

Hi all. I have a 69 c10 that's in good condition/straight and I don't really like the front clip on it. Never really been a fan of the design other than the grill. I have been a big fan of the 67 front clip. Question is, Can I put a 67 front clip on a 69 cab and chassis?

I know you have to change the core support, but I don't care about that. I won't be using a core support. The front clip is going to tilt forward. Also, along with the front clip, do I have to use the cowl off a 67 or can I use my 69 cowl? Or is there even a difference on that part?

Aside from those questions, would it be cheaper to buy a brand new front clip or to find a good used one somewhere?

To buy a brand new front clip, what is (in your opinion) be the best place to buy new fenders, hood, and other parts?

PS: I'm not interested in fiberglass parts. All steel is what I want.

Thanks in Advance to the Number 1 site I go to for Everything and all the great people here.
low&slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:55 AM   #2
low&slow
Account Suspended

Re: 69 to 67

Ok so I found a thread on here about interchangeable parts. I'll post it so I don't have to type it. Here it is:

"Either you have to go with the entire 69-72 Front End which includes fenders, hood, rad support and grill (Inner Fenders and Bumper should be the same) or go with the 67-68 Front End (that Front End includes fenders, hood, rad support and grill. Bottom line: The 67-68 and the 69-72 front end parts Do Not Interchange."

So with all that being said, What about the cowl. Are the cowls all the same for 67-72?

Also, let me get this straight, 67/68 fenders are basically the same other than 67 having no marker lights and 68 having marker lights. So if I was to get a 68 fender, take out the marker lights, and weld a patch panel in, then I'd have a 67 fender. Correct?

As for all that, if I buy all new parts, where can I find a 67/68 grill?
low&slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:00 AM   #3
Fitz
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by low&slow View Post
Ok so I found a thread on here about interchangeable parts. I'll post it so I don't have to type it. Here it is:

"Either you have to go with the entire 69-72 Front End which includes fenders, hood, rad support and grill (Inner Fenders and Bumper should be the same) or go with the 67-68 Front End (that Front End includes fenders, hood, rad support and grill. Bottom line: The 67-68 and the 69-72 front end parts Do Not Interchange."

So with all that being said, What about the cowl. Are the cowls all the same for 67-72?

Also, let me get this straight, 67/68 fenders are basically the same other than 67 having no marker lights and 68 having marker lights. So if I was to get a 68 fender, take out the marker lights, and weld a patch panel in, then I'd have a 67 fender. Correct?

As for all that, if I buy all new parts, where can I find a 67/68 grill?
Welding a patch panel over the marker lights does a GREAT job of turning a 68 fender into a 67.
LMC now has a repop 67-68 Grille. Some of their stuff doesn't fit well so be prepared to spend a day or three fitting it. The big one is price. Get ready for this...with all of the light trims and chrome...almost $500.00. and that doesn't get you the core support, center brace, hood latch support or air deflector.
Fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:11 AM   #4
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Cowls are the same. Hood hinges are the same.

Core support, grille, hood, and fenders are the difference. You can reuse your existing front wire harness and all hardware.
Posted via Mobile Device
Tx Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote