The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-09-2003, 12:03 AM   #1
bigheman03

WTB: 1972 shortbed

I am looking for a 1972 shortbed, any color will do, preferrably with no motor or trans, i am looking for a project truck, if it has a motor and trans thats fine, but im not looking to spend big bucks. it needs to be fairly straight on the body, no major rust or dents, i hate bodywork, and also pretty close to oklahoma, i can drive awhile to get it, but dont really want to have to drive to california or maine to get one. like i said this is going to be a project truck, im building it for my girlfriend as a graduation present, she has always wanted a 72 shortbed truck. yeah i know i got a good one. if you have something, please email me at bigheman03@hotmail.com thanks,
Wes
bigheman03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 07:30 AM   #2
72C10chevy4x4
UK Wildcat Fan!

hello bigheman03- I couldn't resist: your building this for your girlfriend? I've all ready got (this is a guess now) around 200-250 hours into my project truck and I'm at the frame's all cleaned off and ready to be painted stage in another 10 hours (did some welding on the cab too).

I'm not trying to be smart here Wes, but may I suggest a prenuptial agreement: you get the truck back if you split :-)

seriously though,,,you may be better off finding a drivable truck and fixing the little things on it-you may save a lot of time (which equals money when you pay others to do the work) in the end.

good luck!
Paul
72C10chevy4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 03:32 PM   #3
bigheman03

I am really building the truck for me, I can tell her that its for her to get the reward, if you know what im saying , but i would let her drive it. I have a 79 camaro, that I drive, but have always like these trucks as well, i want one to say its mine, but she has also always wanted one, so i thought id be nice and let her keep it if she really likes it, i dont plan on making a show truck or anything, but something decently nice, i have a motor and tranny for it already, its one i built for my camaro, 383 stroker, lots of torque, but like i said , im not really looking to build a show truck, just something fast enough to be respected on the streets and nice enough to get some compliments, not after tropheys just yet, but i know what you mean. so im not getting defensive or anything, but just thought id let you all know what the plans were for it.
bigheman03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 05:11 PM   #4
72C10chevy4x4
UK Wildcat Fan!

I like y our plan; that's how I got the suburban I"m driving-by convincing my wife she wanted it (and later getting her a mini-van :-)) that 383 sounds like a great motor to drop in. sometimes you can find good deals on ebay (just make sure they are close to you). Autotrader.com is another choice-I think you can search within a certain radius of your location to cut down drive time.

Paul
72C10chevy4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote