The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #1
GreenRat

New to forum with a '72 LWB c10

Hi everyone, I just joined, I'm new to the forum and to old Chevy trucks but no stranger to cars. My latest project for the last 2 years has been a fully custom body off restomod 1961 Bug laid out on airbags.

Anyway, I recently picked up this '72 from a father/son who bought it about 8 years ago after it had been stolen and stripped. They did the interior and paint. They interior is nice and clean but unfortunately the dash has been hacked for a stereo and the wiring needs some sorting out under the dash. The body is nice and straight and relatively rust free with only some minor bubbling on the lower doors. The white is gloss and the green is flat. It's not the greatest paint job, but its nice not to have to worry when I park it.

It has a 350/th400 with unknown mileage. I deciphered the block # to be a four bolt main from an '86. It breathes in through an edelbrock carb/intake and out though some hedman long tubes and magnaflows with true dual and exits behind each rear tire. It sounds like it has a mild cam and runs great! The trans shifts nice and firm.

I'm not sure how it was lowered in the front (spindles and springs probably) and the rear is c-notched with springs. It rides smooth and handles nice and tight with sway bars front and rear.

Since I brought it home, I replaced some missing parts (Bowtie grille emblem, visor clips, driver side mirror, gas pedal), I did an oil change, and i replaced the spark plugs, air cleaner, and tracking bar bushing. Oh, and while replacing the bushing I realized the right rear brake hard line was worn all the way through from rubbing on something and was dripping fluid on me. That explains why the brakes felt so crappy!

Without further ado, this is the only pic I have so far. More to follow...

GreenRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:33 PM   #2
hugger6933

Re: New to forum with a '72 LWB c10

Welcome to this wealth of info site from eastern parts of Arkansas. I hang out here and the paint and body section as I own a body shop and try to answer a lot of questions that arise over there. If you have any questions ask away and the guys/ gals on here that have been there done that will lend a hand or keyboard in this case to save some effort on your part. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:30 PM   #3
powell72

Welcome, good looking truck. I like the flat green.

http://www.classictrucks.com/feature...short_bed.html
powell72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:28 AM   #4
wild4wheels

dig n it

Current truck
"Ida Mae" 71 K5 Blazer

Former Trucks
"Loretta" 71 Longbed (AZ)
"Tanya" 69 Stepside (AZ)
"Ferdinand" 71 Longhorn (SD)
"Patches" 67 Panel (IA/ KY)
"Rosita" 68 C30 (KY)

Instagram @Wildforwheels @k5_klub @c10university

Profile pic provided by Jeff Sundance
wild4wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:57 AM   #5
Mickeymotormount

As I replied in another post : " Western and Southern guys are lucky." Trucks of this vintage in excellent original body condition are just not around in the Northeast anymore.

Great looking truck. Good luck with it.

1967 C20 2WD Longbed

2001 2500 HD 4X4 Extended cab long bed
Mickeymotormount is offline   Reply With Quote