The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-11-2013, 07:10 PM   #1
vht

Whats all this worth?

I found a bed and running boards for my 51. He has a Old Navy truck that this stuff is coming off of and he also priced me the whole truck. These trucks had no eng or trans and the front susp is missing off this trk. It is a 5 window with "he says" a nice cab, drs, frt fenders with support. I think he even had bumpers. What would a cab and drs be worth for a quick sale? I haven't got room to store all of this, so I'd have to move it. Don't want it to set out all winter, plus I'd like to get some of my money back. May just buy what I need but to split it up, he wants good money. I figured if I bought it all I could come out a little better.
vht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #2
Divine 59

Re: Whats all this worth?

I say snag it. The 5 window cabs are usually the style most people prefer. If it is not real rusty it could easily bring 800 or more to the right person. Without seeing it I could be low balling you. Think of it this way. How many hours of body work would it take to get one to usable condition. If this one is "usable" then it could be $$$$ easily close to a grand or more? Trick is finding a buyer.
Usually the military purchased stuff was not abused and was well maintained. Just my .02
Old 10-11-2013, 07:44 PM   #3
vht

That's about what I was thinking. The way he talks, this stuff is solid. I got to drive about 2 hrs so I hope he's honest about his description, or I'm not going to be happy. I'm going to try and get him to send pic's.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:49 PM   #4
Daze57

exactly ---- get dem picts first !!!!

just my 02 cents worth
Daze57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:30 PM   #5
67GMCkid

I'm Betting this was an Old Navy store display truck and not an old U.S. military truck..
Do a Google search there are loads of stories and videos of them, such as this one in Hemmings..

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2...ing-our-inbox/
67GMCkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:41 PM   #6
vht

Yes gmc, this is a trk that was in a Old Navy store. Thanks for the pic, I can remember them having them, but I never was in 1 of their stores to actually see 1. Does anyone else know anything about them? Were they a patched up deal or something pretty decent? All I know is that they didn't have a eng and trans.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:06 PM   #7
Highsider

vht: I had no idea you were saying "Old Navy" as in the discount clothing stores. Figured you meant the "US Navy". Ha!
The article below the photo tells the story.

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2...ing-our-inbox/
Roof Swap on my Panel
Jim's Bread Truck
Highsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:14 PM   #8
racer357

they are a crap shoot. Some of them were decent. Some of them have gallons of bondo applied. Good Luck
racer357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:19 PM   #9
vht

Thanks, I read the article. The way this guy describes this trk, it must be 1 of the better 1's. I talked to a guy that knows him and he says he's straight up on his parts. Apparently he sells a lot of parts. I guess I'll find out.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:49 AM   #10
mechanixman

anyone ever check the ones at bass pro?
I was looking at the one at my local store, the window said 55, but it's a 1950 3100, with a 235, that someone converted to 12 volt. it was obviously a runner before bass pro bought it, and it could easily be on the road again.
How about we get all these stores to switch to fords?

Projects:
1952 Chevy 1 ton = The Build page
mechanixman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:54 PM   #11
vht

Talked to this guy again, going to take the trailer and look at it Monday. I'm going to have a nice 5 window cab, front end, rear frame section, 2 good drs, hood, and a lot of small stuff. Also, I will have a title. I'm going to keep which ever is better on any parts and sell what I got listed above. As I have stated, I don't have room to store all this stuff, so if anyone thinks they would be interested in any of this, let me know. I can send pics when I get this stuff back here. I just want to get me something together this winter, and maybe help someone else out getting their's together. Maybe some trading involved also, as long as I can get some of my money back. I wish I had a large building so I could stock pile some of this stuff.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:27 PM   #12
mr48chev

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer357 View Post
they are a crap shoot. Some of them were decent. Some of them have gallons of bondo applied. Good Luck
Yep you might get one that has pretty decent body pieces or you might get one that is all bondo over chicken wire and paper mache . They usually have really nice grills and bumpers though.

It's like looking at any other one of these trucks that someone isn't giving you for free, inspect, inspect and inspect some more before you put out any money.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is online now   Reply With Quote