The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #1
specialtyretail
So,, what else you got???

Any idea what these are??

These were in a box along with a lot of other stuff we traded for, and I have no clue as to what they are. I am not even sure they are for our trucks, may have just got thrown in to fill up space. Any ideas??? Thanks, Fred.
Attached Images

Old 10-13-2013, 12:17 PM   #2
vidman

Re: Any idea what these are??

Cables to keep your motor from jumping around when your motor mounts break. most went from the frame to the head or manifold
Old 10-13-2013, 12:36 PM   #3
specialtyretail

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidman View Post
Cables to keep your motor from jumping around when your motor mounts break. most went from the frame to the head or manifold
I was leaning that direction, just was not sure. Thanks, Fred.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:54 PM   #4
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Just what Vid said they were recall repair on both cars and trucks in the 60s and early 70s. Motor mounts didn't have the lock built in to keep them from jumping to far and jamming tht throttle linkage

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:03 PM   #5
specialtyretail

So, where they just used on the left hand side or installed in paies? Is this a complete set? Thanks, Fred.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #6
cdowns

they were issued in pairs alot of dealers ignored the passenger side ones tho but got paid for installing both
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:33 PM   #7
CC69Rat

A friend of mine had a 69 Camaro that had them on it. I'm not sure on the rarity of them but this makes two times I have seen them personally. A lot probably got trashed / never reinstalled over the years. They would be neat to have for a 100 point concourse restoration project.
CC69Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:55 PM   #8
tlcrz1972

I have 2 or 3 of them, if interested I'm willing to sell them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC69Rat View Post
A friend of mine had a 69 Camaro that had them on it. I'm not sure on the rarity of them but this makes two times I have seen them personally. A lot probably got trashed / never reinstalled over the years. They would be neat to have for a 100 point concourse restoration project.
1972 Chevrolet Cheyenne LB 1/2 ton finished restoration/rebuild 1995 350 throttle body FI, 4L6E (running on modified GM wiring harness) 3.08 posi rearend, factory A/C on 134A, p/s, p/b, late 70's power windows and locks and cruise, speakers in the dash + 6x9's behind the seat, factory tilt, 40 gallon fuel tank in the bed with integrated tool box, air assist bags on the rearend, sway bar up front and much more.

1972 chevrolet SNB finished 2002, 350 TB FI, TH400, factory A/C, p/b, p/s, (FOR SALE)

1969 Chevrolet 1 ton in work, home made PTO dump bed extended frame, 350 CI ,

1972 Chevrolet 3/4 ton suburban future project

1972 Chevrolet 3/4 ton p/u maybe a project one day

1966 Toyota Landcruiser my playtoy
tlcrz1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #9
Richardwa

Never seen those before, I always made my own with a couple pieces of chain.

Years ago I learned you just ain't had fun till the throttle on a 70 Roadrunner with a 440 sticks due to broke motor mount!!
Richardwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:43 PM   #10
Patina'd_402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardwa View Post
Never seen those before, I always made my own with a couple pieces of chain.

Years ago I learned you just ain't had fun till the throttle on a 70 Roadrunner with a 440 sticks due to broke motor mount!!
So,... I might be chaining down the 402....
Old 10-14-2013, 12:56 PM   #11
BrianG

Quote:
My Dad had a 68 much before I was ever a thought. He tells about when the motor mounts had broke and he would then get on it good from a stopside. Well, the motor would rotate which somehow caused the throttle to stick side open. It would lay two nice black lines for quite a while until somehow he could get the throttle unstuck or slam it into neutral I guess.
BrianG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:58 PM   #12
BrianG

Quote:
My Dad had a 68 Camaro much before I was ever a thought. He tells about when the motor mounts had broke and he would then get on it good from a stop. Well, the motor would rotate which somehow caused the throttle to stick wide open. It would lay two nice black lines for quite a while until somehow he could get the throttle unstuck or slam it into neutral I guess.
BrianG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:23 PM   #13
CC69Rat

I had an 80 Firebird years ago with a crazy built 383 in it. I got the throttle stuck in that car once, scared me pretty bad. I was maybe 18-19yrs old. I just threw it in neutral and shut it down. Not much else you can do. I coasted to a stop, unstuck it and it fired back up. Never had a problem with it other than the small stain on the seat.
CC69Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:41 PM   #14
69SCSS

Quote:
I had an 80 Firebird years ago with a crazy built 383 in it. I got the throttle stuck in that car once, scared me pretty bad. I was maybe 18-19yrs old. I just threw it in neutral and shut it down. Not much else you can do. I coasted to a stop, unstuck it and it fired back up. Never had a problem with it other than the small stain on the seat.
Had to do something similar on my '66 Mustang I used to race. Strap went from a bolt on the block to a bolt on the frame side of the bracket. I did that when I broke the mount at Sears Point at the drags, pulled the fuel line right out of the fuel pump, and make it 1/2 way down the track before it stalled. had to get towed off the track! The air cleaner stud nailed the hood enough to where there was a good sized dimple in the hood you could see from the outside!!! This was a 400+hp 302 so you can imagine how hard that hit the hood! Needless to say my drive home from Sears Point to Scott's Valley was slow and very LONG!!! i installed the strap the next day.
69SCSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:04 PM   #15
Patina'd_402

Kinda happy I have these...