The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-15-2013, 03:00 PM   #1
Oxmarqt

How much drop do I have? What is Stock Height?

If my measurement from center of the wheel to bottom of fender is 16", both front and rear, how much drop do I have?

It was lowered when I bought it, with springs, and I replaced the front shocks with what I thought was correct. This weekend I went down a particularly bumpy road and one of the front shocks slipped off the upper mount. Appears to have bent the mount up a little also. I have ordered new upper mounts and the support kit but I need to get the right shocks this time.

After looking things over in detail the front shocks I have on it are way wrong. Fully extended is 19.25", Fully compressed is 11.5" and the one that is still on it is showing 12" eye to eye. Apparently that 1/2" of travel down is not enough!!

I am thinking I need to find something with a Fully extended around 15" and fully compressed of about 8". Any ideas??
28" tires
Oxmarqt is offline   Reply With Quote