The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2003, 08:47 PM   #1
Boones

Want to say Thanks for the info, I bought a truck

After 3 month of looking I ended up buying a truck today. I want to say thanks to this board for its help in answering my questions. You will probably not see my much anymore since I now have a later model but will still lurk to add input where I can. I was looking for a clean 71/72 2wd swb, sub or blazer. After researching, talking and looking around (in several different states) I started to broaden my search

Not what I had originally planned on but I am very happy with the decision. The other night I came across a 2wd 2000 C2500 chevy crew cab short bed. I did not know GM made them but found out they did in late 99 and into 2000. I guess they were left over parts. this is the earlier style truck. As I have always wanted a short bed crewcab I started looking around and found two nice ones. One in Kansas with a 5.7L and one in Georgia with a 7.4L..

Now I have to ask, does any one know if the A-arms are the same as a 1500. I plan to switch over the 8 lug to the 1500 5 lug. I was hoping to buy dropped spindles (half ton) and new disk (if they are different ) and a half ton rear end..

I plan on severly lowering it on air and running 20's and proably add a caddy front end and tail lights (no other mode except roll pan)... so if anyone know anything about the front suspension I would like to hear. If not I will post on the 88-98 site...

Thanks again, Boones
Boones is offline   Reply With Quote