The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-26-2013, 05:37 PM   #1
cherokeejohn

Question TH200 4R - 72 5.7, lwb ???, any link,thread,parts info

I just got a 1986 Monte Carlo SS 5.0 HO / TH200 4R, 68.000 orig miles. It has Flowmaster single in/dual out muffler and 2.75" pipes from the Y pipe back. it is carburated with a Q-jet. I and am looking for any intel on parts, suppliers, procedures, prices, etc.. I intend to replace my TH350 with 129,00 mi ( 21 years in a barn sitting did it in!) with the TH200 4R from the Monte. Ive read the TREAD on finding the correct trans ( year,make,model,and 3 letter code ) and have got it. I am still getting familiar with this site, but I love it so far. It has been very helpful and so are the members I've chatted and messaged with so far. So if any of you have any intel as to help me along, I would be greatly appreciative. Also if any of the other parts are compatible to my baby, like The Motor, (it has low miles and mine needs valve seals, would like to rebuild it while driving with the 305),The brake booster, or master cylinder, The steering column ( it has tilt.), The electric wiper motor?, Anything, please let me know. my project is on a VERY LOW BUDGET, lol, I will try and load some pics in a bit, but i have to get them from my phone to my laptop...
cherokeejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:54 PM   #2
hugger6933

Re: TH200 4R - 72 5.7, lwb ???, any link,thread,parts info

I bought a SS Monte back in 86, my last new car. I loved that car. The rear out of that car is a 8,5 inch 3:73 posi and is really desirable among cutlass/monte/regal/el camino people. As is the same with the suspension stuff it is the handling package that only the T-Type regal got. So your leftovers should do you some good. I recently bought a radio the same size and style that came in that car[ if it still is factory] and found that they will fit our style of trucks, after much searching and no answers to that question. The little L69 is a good runner or a least mine was and I see no reason for yours to be different, I would be careful on a rebuild not to over cam that motor to knock out some of the compression. That little extra bump that the L69 had helped it run better as well. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote