The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-11-2013, 04:36 PM   #1
kaphillips

WTB big block excellent heat stove

Just like the title says wanting to buy a big block driver exhaust manifold heat stove in EXCELLENT shape. Willing to pay a good price and aware will not be cheap. Show me what you got folks. Pictures and price shipped to 79106. Thanks fellow Chevy truck lovers.
kaphillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:29 AM   #2
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Re: WTB big block excellent heat stove

Hi Ken, we currently have three OE Big Block setups available, each setup pictured/priced separately below per overall condition. Let me know if interested in one, Mel.

Set #1: Nicest of the bunch removed from a low mile big block C/30 cab & chassis rv that had 52K original. Tin has extra nice mounting bolt holes and has a nice sturdy/rigid feel to it, good for another forty years use. $250./shipped

Set #2: Almost as nice as set #1 but the tin cover is not as heavy/beefy feeling, nicer than most setups that we get in and once refinished would be fine for any show truck. Nice mounting tabs, no pin holes, pitting or missing chunks just not as nice as the first set. $225./shipped

Set #3: This setup is still solid, and functional/usable as is but the tin does have some small pin holes on top area right where the stove pipe enters the tin (see pics), there is also some pitting on the bottom end of the stove pipe but nothing all the way thru or real deep. the only issues with the tin are whats highlighted on the top, rest of the tin is complete and will mount good and solid yet. $180./shipped
Attached Images

Classic Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:46 AM   #3
kaphillips

Hi Mel. I aleady have an excellent heat riser tube. I am wanting to buy a seperate stove only. Would you split set #2 up and sell just the stove. If you are willing to split what's the best you could do on #2 stove only. Bye the way Mel, I am going to be running a tach insrument cluster with a vaccum and 80 psi guage that came out of large c50 to 60 truck converted to c-10 bezel. I don't won't to run a new hard copper line will stand out to much in finish. I am looking for the oem hard vacuum line from a c-50 to 60. Do you have one or a lead who might?
Old 11-13-2013, 03:49 AM   #4
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Sorry Ken, am not going to be separating any of the pictured setups and the asking prices are firm. Pieces in this condition were bringing $200. a set ten years ago and they haven't gotten any easier to find since, none of these parts were listed F/S and only offered them since no one else had replied back to your post and given the fact that we have done a good bit of business lately. We usually stock pile this type of hard to find big block stuff for our Annual April Portland Swap Meet as we have two different Canadian clients that come down South to clean us out each and every year. Here are a couple better pictures of the very minor issues with set #3 if you decide on the lesser of the three setups and once again set #3 will mount, fit and function just as it should. Am unable help on the vacuum line, have you thought about sticking a section of small black rubber tubing/hose over a piece of copper line? Thanks again, Mel.
Attached Images

Old 11-13-2013, 09:05 AM   #5
kaphillips

Mel I will take set # 2 for the 225 shipped. Do you take a credit card payment by Phone?
Old 11-14-2013, 08:57 PM   #6
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Ken, your big block heat riser tin and stove pipe (setup #2) were sent out USPS priority insured today 11/14, the projected delivery date listed on the USPS receipt is Saturday 11/16. Thanks again, Mel
Old 02-24-2014, 04:28 PM   #7
67-72trucks

I will take Set #1
67-72trucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:21 AM   #8
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67-72trucks View Post
I will take Set #1
Hey Mike, setup #1 is headed your way. Went out fedex ground insured on Tues. 02/25, the projected delivery date listed on the fedex reciept is Mon. 03/03. Thanks again, Mel.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:58 AM   #9
67-72trucks

Thanks appreciate it!
67-72trucks is offline   Reply With Quote