The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-17-2013, 11:03 PM   #1
bojak

Crew cab bench to buckets conversion

Need some help guys. I'm thinking i would like to convert my crew to front buckets instead of the bench I'm running now. If I got suburban buckets and console from the same or close year model are they a direct bolt up? My front bench has four bolts in the corners. I would assume that each bucket has four mount points so are those hole location already in my floor? Would I have to drill the floor and add welded nuts? Are the crew and suburban floors the same contour? I just installed sound Deadener, heat shield, and new carpet but the whole time I was on a mission to just get it back together ASAP. Never even thought about changing seat set up. Now I'm putting bench back in for now but started planning for future projects. I know I saw that Larry swapped in some to his reg cab and I am sure crews were sold with buckets but just wanted some insight into how involved it would be. Would the holes in my new carpet be reused with bucket seat brackets? Any help is appreciated and photos are even more so. Thanks fellas
bojak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:12 PM   #2
bojak

Re: Crew cab bench to buckets conversion

Forgot to mention if I did it I would probably only use year/model correct to do it with. I am not really into swapping in new style seats or other makes. Really I was thinking if eventually I'm going to pay money to have my seats recovered then I could have buckets recovered as easily. Again, thanks.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:19 PM   #3
KrazyRay

There are bucket seat towers that are spot welded to the floor on bucket seat suburbans and crews. You will need these or you will need to add shims.
Attached Images

KrazyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:32 PM   #4
bojak

Well thanks for the reply. Just like that we learn to love the one we're with. Maybe when I do a complete frame off resto many years from now. Thanks KrazyRay.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:55 PM   #5
mrolds88

Also get the floor reinforcements from the Suburban too for the inside back mounts.
87 K10 Suburban Sold
93 K2500 xcab 6.5TD
96 GMC K2500 Suburban 6.5 TD
mrolds88 is offline   Reply With Quote