The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-21-2013, 11:55 AM   #1
gmhardwick66

valve cover baffling

I am trying to find out if anyone has fabricated any type of oil deflecting rocker arm mounted on top of a roller rocker system on top of poly lock. I am trying to deflect as much oil splash to valve cover breather hole. See Moroso makes a part that's exactly what im wanting but from the information that I have read and been told that their system is ONLY for stamped steel stock rockers. I wonder if it is possible to mount a smaller oil deflector plate on top of the rockers that's just beneathe the breather hole. I know there are bigger issues with the problem im having and this is just a band aid fix. I am going to replace the "Procomp valve covers" with a pair of Proform slanted edge covers. any help would be awesome. everyone have a merry Christmas.
gmhardwick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
cool68

Re: valve cover baffling

photos of what you are working with would help with finding an answer
cool68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 09:35 AM   #3
gmhardwick66

Re: valve cover baffling

this is the moroso version of what im thinking about doing but I am wondering if this is possible with roller rockers. maybe bending the plate enough to allow the rockers to have clearance through entire cycle. and only cover the rockers beneath the breather hole in valve cover. basically a fancy baffling plate.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Moroso-67700-Valvetrain-Oil-Deflector-Small-Block-Chevy-327-350-355-Ford-289-302-/00/s/Mzc2WDUwMA==/$(KGrHqN,!ncF!KeyC!EzBQV3fRJc(w~~60_12.JPG
Attached Images

gmhardwick66 is offline   Reply With Quote