The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-23-2013, 10:09 PM   #1
ChevyBot

What Do You Have For a Rear Bumper!?

I have a 1968 Chevy C10 LWB and I was just thinking about what to use as a rear bumper. I want a step bumper but not one from Brothers or LMC. I want something newer and more unique. I have found that 89-07 silverado bumpers are only 73" wide which doesn't quite look right on these trucks. I need one that is 77" or more wide. After calling around today to several salvage yards and body parts stores, I have found that 07-13 silverado rear bumpers are 77" and will work (except for the mounts which will be changed). The only downfall with this is that they are $700-$1000 brand new from GM dealers and such. If I get them from SGI salvage (provincial government where I live) they are ~$600 and not in real good condition. If I get from eBay, they are ~$350 but most people do not ship to Canada I still have to check with my other local wreckers so I may do that tomorrow (if not closing early for Christmas). So now that you know my story, do you have any suggestions for me? What do you guys have for rear bumpers? Post pictures

(Sorry for the long backstory)