The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-28-2013, 11:19 PM   #1
Bhelton

Question for the electrical savvy

So, no help in electrical section and I've searched a lot on here for my answer and haven't found what I'm looking for. So here goes....running a cs130 alternator and a EZ wire harness in my 72 I know what to do with the wires from the 4 wire plug but my confusion is the one wire from harness. The alt wire, I've seen it can go to battery or battery lug on starter and seen to put a fusable link in the wire. Is this true? What amp fuse if so? And then do I need to run a wire back from starter to alternator with the bypass wire from EZ wire that was included in kit?

Now unless I run a charge light in cab I've seen you put a resistor inline from exciter wire to the wire in plug. Is this correct as well?
Bhelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 02:02 AM   #2
airdale94

Re: Question for the electrical savvy

The wire from the harness is the feed for the cab. Not sure how you wired your alt. but you should have a fuse (mega) on the output before it goes into your junction block. I would hook up the harness wire to the junction. The stuff in the cab will be protected by the fuses in the fuse box. As far as a charge malfunction light VetteVet has some pretty good diagrams posted in various threads. What I would do is skip the ez-plug and run all new wires with one of his diagrams.