The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-17-2003, 08:15 PM   #1
teeitup
Just like to part out trucks!!

Whats happening to our board???

Ok I've been on here for quite awhile and dealt with ALOT of members. I've talked to some members about this and a couple told me to start a thread so here goes.
1) Whats the deal with with guys that get paid for parts and put off shipping for months or so. You have the other guys money send out the parts, no excuses, you think you can take someones money and they won't be upset. You would want your parts! This has not happened to me but I read threads that is has.
2) I've had this happen and so has other members. I post parts on here, guys say they want it and to get a shipping price. So I get the part boxed up and go down and get a shipping price. Then when I pm them with the total, they tell they don't want it for one reason or another sometimes they say they don't have the $$$ but then I see them asking about other parts on the board. Now my time is wasted. I got 10 boxes with parts setting here that guys wanted and then backed out. I guess I'm lucky they were smaller parts because if I spent time boxing up big parts, I'd be more upset.
Now I try to deal as easy as I can, I treat people the way I want to get treated, my biggest problems in my dealings is shipping big stuff (which I don't do) and boxes, I don't give out shipping price until I have a box to put it in. Sorry for rambling on. Randy
1958 Cameo (one of 1405 built, it was my dads)
2020 chevy Apex 4x4 crew cab
1969 Z28 with the 302
1980 chevy swb 4x4
1964 chevell Malibu SS
1976 K20, sold new originally out of my dads chevy dealership

Members that I've met, over 200 probably closer to 300 in the 12 years I've been on this site, everyone I met "It was a pleasure"
teeitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 08:52 PM   #2
cdowns

as much as i enjoy this board i'd have to agree wuth you on all counts !!! there's alot of dreamers , i've also found there's alot of guys that will back-door you on the parts you advertise think you have them sold and they PM your customer and cut your price and you"re sittin there waiting to get paid SCREWED my solution is EBAY !!! i'd rather pay the fees and move the stuff rather than be jercked around
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 09:04 PM   #3
Phillip Johnson
Account Suspended

So far in the 3 years and 800 plus posts Ive had on this board, (knock on wood) Ive sold 5 trucks and bought 2 along with several parts bought and sold and some just given away to people that have bought alot and Ive thrown in a few extras to be nice. then there are the new kids that come here and expect you to jump so high and run to UPS and get them the part and then maybe they will send the check. There are several guys here that I have dealt with and would send any part without a check received. That is called trust. Trust is earned. I feel that anyone with 1000 posts are most likely trustworthy and will not go back on their word. But... someone with say...5 posts.. Hmmmmm I would say MONEY ORDER first, then send the part. Just my 3 1/2 cents worth
Phillip Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 09:25 PM   #4
lukecp
Formerly yellow72custom

I've had nothing but good luck with my dealings on the board, but i have only bought and sold less than 10 items, and most were around $20 or less.

Maybe we need some kind of a feedback system, much like Ebay uses....
lukecp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 09:50 PM   #5
hughnews1

i lost $200 for AZ doors .. sent out a credit card check to a board member .. never got the doors or the $200 .. the board kicked him off .. oh well ..
hughnews1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 09:56 PM   #6
68 Stepside
huh?

We do have a feedback system. The Review Board Click here to visit the Review Board
Things we said today.

RIP El Jay
68 Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 10:06 PM   #7
bigjimzlll

We have all been screwed..or close to it...its the price of doing business on the net(imo) Im with phillip johnson on the fact, if you do business with someone with under a bunch of post..its your azz if you get beat. Ive backed out of 2 deals...one because the guy had 20 post..and one because I found the same part locally for the same price(saved a ton because of the shipping). What I have learned...do not even clean the part until the check clears...and get a scale to weigh the part..ive lost a bunch because of under estimating

click the clicky to join the site....
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php

67 lwb..first hotrod in 25 years..540 best ET is 9.45 @ 141.44
Anderson,CA
bigjimzlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 10:13 PM   #8
chiphayes

not been a member long and have had good luck on the board,but i can see where this couold be a pain in the a--,plus you would lose respect and be gunshy of trading here.why dont we start an account.something like being verified,that way if your not verified you cant be on the board or at least buy and sell.not a sure thing,it would only keep the honest people, honest.and ,well, a crook will always be a crook.
chiphayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 10:14 PM   #9
Randy70C-10
Account Suspended

I sent a pair of C-10 emblems to a board member (nice ones) and wanted nothing more than the shipping cost of $5.00. I never saw it and haven't seen anymore posts from this person since. ($5.00 damn dollars, can you believe it?)
Randy70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 10:14 PM   #10
SWINGSAX68
Now the others dig........

Well,
I'm glad to hear people sticking up for the right of things,
Randy, I applaud you for stepping up a bit.
I have yet to be scammed but I make sure that I NEVER rush into things, and let someone know if I'm having any financial problems.
The best advice for anyone is COMMUNICATION, COMMUNICATION!!!
If someone is being lame and not responding, give them the benifit of the doubt, but keep a realistic head on and if it don't work out, move on.....someone will want whatever your seling or trading somwhere.
Randy... you don't by any chance have a Driverside window regulator in good clean working condition boxed up do you????
-Roger
LOOKING FOR A 67 4 DOOR IMPALA!!!Just like Sam and Dean Winchester!! 'Cause Mustangs are for p^**#$ and you can fit a body in the trunk of a 67 Impala
MEMBER OF THE DRUM BRAKE CLUB
Bachelor of Music in Jazz Studies Texas State University-San Marcos, TX
Certified Music Educator
I hope Mom is up there watching and being my Guardian Angel

"I've got a fever.....and the only prescription.....IS MORE COW BELL"
-The Legendary: Bruce Dickenson

"F#$@ 'em up!!!!!!"
-The Legendary: Rogelio Escobar

TRUCKY LINKS
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=457750
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=461184
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=472848
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=417541
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=477788
SWINGSAX68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 10:27 PM   #11
Shane
Account Suspended

couldn't have said it any better teeitup ...

In a Nutshell ....
1.) If you buy something from another member .... PAY THEM ... and do it QUICKLY!
2.) If you sell something to another member ... SHIP IT once payment is recieved ... and do it QUICKLY!

<stepping off soapbox>
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 11:07 PM   #12
Joesjunk

Well said !!
72 3/4t 4x4 Custom deluxe
72 3/4t 4x4 Custom deluxe 91k original paint
72 Cheyenne/30 Dually
69 Camaro SS396 4-speed
13 GMC 2500HD Duramax I bought new
05 Jeep Wrangler "Willys Edition" 12k miles (I bought new)
85 3/4 ton 4x4 Scottsdale 33k miles original paint
86 1 ton 4x4 SRW Silverado 454 restored
80 1 ton 4x4 SRW Silverado 9,434 original miles!! original paint
95 GMC 1 ton dually 4x4 my dad bought new
95 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4, regular cab 454, 31k original miles
2002 2500HD 4x4 regular cab 6.0L 67k miles
2002 2500HD 4x4 regular cab 8.1L 28k miles
2003 GMC 2500HD 4x4 regular cab Diesel 93k miles

67-72 Parts for sale
Joesjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 11:25 PM   #13
BIG ORANGE

I ECHO every word that Randy (teeitup) said I my self have parts setting around in boxes that where never sold. I put a airdash on here to sell not long ago and had 4 boardmembers wanting to buy it sent out the total plus shipping to the 1st. guy and never heard from him,sent total to next one and 2 weeks later he PMs me that he got locked up,next guy wants me to wait a week till he gets paid,then after a week he PMs me and says he doesnt have the money but the next evening he is on the parts board trying to buy aset of doors from another boardmember.
I'm like this asoon as I get a MO that day or the next depending on what time the mail runs the part goes right out and I send the buyer a tracking # and let them know it's on the way! And if I show interest in someones part that they have for sale and I decide I dont want it,I quickly let them know that I'll pass on the part! Sorry for so long but this is getting old in my book!

Things happen for a reason!
BIG ORANGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 12:10 AM   #14
ChrisK10
1971 C20 Custom Camper

I agree with everything that has been said here! The #1 rule with online buying is; caveat emptor! Let the buyer beware! (The same applies to sellers as well)

'97 GMC K1500 5.7L
ChrisK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 12:19 AM   #15
miket

maybe the board could encorporate some of the same policies and procedures Ebay does to better secure solid transactions. I am not sure if the management wants to go that far. Seems to me some strict penalties and something like an escrow account (Paypal?) might be a way to go....or just go where they seem to have perfected secure online selling and trading...Ebay.

It is a shame.

Evergreen Protective Coatings
Gatorhyde...the best kept secret in spray in bed lining & protection
miket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 12:19 AM   #16
gr8scott51

If it wasn't for bad luck....

........I'd have no luck at all with internet purchases. I've bought 3 big ticket items (not from this board) and have not been happy with any of them. From now on, if I can't hold it in my hands, I'm not buying it.
Old 07-18-2003, 12:24 AM   #17
miket

sorry and one last one.... Hat's off to teeitup for stepping up. I am considering starting a forum just like this one and the one thing boards lack sometimes to make them really successful (like I believe this one is) is for the board to realize that it's members are the board and that their ideas, opinions and suggestions need to be incorporated into the forum...to make it better and for it to evolve....so hat's off to teeit up for saying something!

Evergreen Protective Coatings
Gatorhyde...the best kept secret in spray in bed lining & protection
miket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 12:31 AM   #18
Phillip Johnson
Account Suspended

Bravo to all!
Phillip Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 12:35 AM   #19
PICKMUP
"Trucks with Class"

SAME-SAME!

Yes, I too have run into some "Pretenders"...with words like, "I'll take it"...or how about..."Hold it for me"...and I have always liked..."will you take less and pay the shipping"...but one of my favorites has to be..." I will send you the $$$" (you add the time: tomorrow, this weekend, next week, etc) and they just fade away.
I know trust is something you have to be very cautious about, but I sure like PayPal or Credit Card payments. I get paid NOW and I ship NOW!
One of the classic lines with the locals around here is..."Pull it for me and I will be out to get it"...(again, you add the time)...or "Order it for me and I will pay you when it comes in". Those two lines can lose more customers and make more enemies than any others I have ever heard. The customer can never come back to face you and you are stuck with the odd ball parts.
Old 07-18-2003, 10:21 AM   #20
krue
Designated A-hole!

Cash and a handshake ain't always practical, but is always the best waly to make a deal! I haven't made any transactions over the board, but I believe they should be handled business-like and professionally from both ends, buyer and seller.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 10:45 AM   #21
SweetandLong68
Your UncleBen

Re: If it wasn't for bad luck....

Quote:
Originally posted by gr8scott51
........I'd have no luck at all with internet purchases. I've bought 3 big ticket items (not from this board) and have not been happy with any of them. From now on, if I can't hold it in my hands, I'm not buying it.
Now we are talking! Unless it is a cheap MISC part I want to hold it in my hand before I pay up good money for it. Thats just the way it is anymore. You pay good money for a part then it ends up being junk...Never again.

lata
CHRIS
Old 07-18-2003, 12:11 PM   #22
cdowns

some very interesting responces.
as far as backing out of a deal 10 days later because you've found it local LAME if you want to shop local do it but once you agree on a price with shipping and you continue to shop after you've made a deal and then back out 10 days later well all that is is a sign of a deadbeat!!! whose word means nothing
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 12:30 PM   #23
67Fleetsidedream
Wiseass secured himself a BAN

I do not sell or buy anything from anyone on this BB or any other BB. Their are too many theives out there and scam artists. If you buy or sell something and get taken for, then that is the risk that you take. Why would you take trust in someone you have never seen or know anything about? The good ole' days of trusting one another is long gone ladies and gentlemen. Trust everyone at your own risk, but do not complain about getting scammed when you knew damn well that there was a chance that it may happen. I have no sympathy. Sorry.
67Fleetsidedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 12:44 PM   #24
BILELL

Thumbs up

I THINK THE FEEDBACK THOUGHT WOULD BE GREAT,.
BILELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 12:59 PM   #25
COBALT

I think a few of us can agree that we now live in a different time now. Most of us grew up being taught that your word meant something - even if it was with a handshake and not on paper. That's the basis for this whole problem I think. The idea of making a promise and keeping it has been diluted to the point it doesn't mean anything any more. Accountability is no longer a concept with persuing.

With the dilusion of accountability comes a reduction in responsibility. People don't see the worth in keeping their word any more. There are no consequences to reinforce the idea of being honest. Therefore, why bother? It's sad.

Seattle, WA.
COBALT is offline   Reply With Quote