The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-03-2014, 02:36 PM   #1
Newfie71

Suspension Options

Hey Guys , I am Currently lost as to what to do with my suspension , I was looking at CPP Deluxe Chassis Upgrade , But have heard bad things about customer service and shipping , I love the new ridetech Coilovers . If anyone has info on either one of theses kits it would be great. also open to any other suggestions .

thanks
Newfie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:45 PM   #2
leddzepp

Re: Suspension Options

I have all CPP parts on my truck...but I live down the street from them so shipping is of no concern to me. Look into ECE's stuff, same as CPP's but I have never heard a bad word about their customer service.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:28 PM   #3
Newfie71

come on guys i know you all have opinions , i wanna here them .
Old 01-03-2014, 07:03 PM   #4
john@thepier

We need a better description of your intended use of the truck and what stance you have in mind. Also a what your budget can sustain. There are lots of options out there.
john@thepier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:44 PM   #5
Newfie71

Quote:
Originally Posted by john@thepier View Post
We need a better description of your intended use of the truck and what stance you have in mind. Also a what your budget can sustain. There are lots of options out there.
Well the use of the truck is just a weekend driver , i want a low stance but not curb scraping low. I would like to keep it under $5000. i find the shipping will get me , northern canada sucks when it comes to shipping.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:29 PM   #6
C10_ustacould
A day late and $1 short...

I have found that ECE springs offer less bounce and are made from a thicker coil. However, the CPP gas charged drop shocks seem to provide a more controlled ride. Honestly, I would support a purchase from either company, or a mixture of the two, but if I were buying from CPP I would contact Justin at Scotts Hot Rods (a board vendor) as he will ensure your parts are shipped in a timely manner for the same price (or less) as buying directly from CPP. Just my 2¢...

Now, if I were doing a "dream" coil spring drop suspension I would go at it this way. I'd start with 2" modular drop spindles from CPP (More big brake options; CPP, Wilwood) and 2" ECE coils up front with Porterbuilt 1" forward control arms. I would use the complete Porterbuilt stage 2 rear kit (trailing arm cross-member, trailing arms, bolt in notch, and adjustable track bar) built for 6" ECE drop coils . The reason I would use their complete rear kit is to place the rear shocks more vertically. I would install a Porterbuilt front sway bar and the CPP rear sway bar (only because PB doesn't currently offer one). Now the final piece of the puzzle would be front and rear Ride Tech single adjustable HQ series shocks so I could tune the rebound to my liking.

Instagram: C10_ustacould

1963 SWB Fleet Side 528 Desert Beige
Milly

1967 SWB Step Side 506 Medium Blue
The Old Girl

1968 SWB Fleet Side 503 Light Green
Ellie SOLD

1965 SWB Fleet Side 507 Light Blue
Prescription Strength SOLD

1971 SWB Fleet Side 521 White
Shiro SOLD

1968 SWB Step Side 503 Light Green
My Old Farm Truck SOLD
C10_ustacould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:17 PM   #7
GAc10boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucks68 View Post
I have found that ECE springs offer less bounce and are made from a thicker coil. However, the CPP gas charged drop shocks seem to provide a more controlled ride. Honestly, I would support a purchase from either company, or a mixture of the two, but if I were buying from CPP I would contact Justin at Scotts Hot Rods (a board vendor) as he will ensure your parts are shipped in a timely manner for the same price (or less) as buying directly from CPP. Just my 2¢...

Now, if I were doing a "dream" coil spring drop suspension I would go at it this way. I'd start with 2" modular drop spindles from CPP (More big brake options; CPP, Wilwood) and 2" ECE coils up front with Porterbuilt 1" forward control arms. I would use the complete Porterbuilt stage 2 rear kit (trailing arm cross-member, trailing arms, bolt in notch, and adjustable track bar) built for 6" ECE drop coils . The reason I would use their complete rear kit is to place the rear shocks more vertically. I would install a Porterbuilt front sway bar and the CPP rear sway bar (only because PB doesn't currently offer one). Now the final piece of the puzzle would be front and rear Ride Tech single adjustable HQ series shocks so I could tune the rebound to my liking.
Killer info! Definitely take this advice seriously.

UNITED BY TRUCKS - classic truck video content
YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/unitedbytrucks
Instagram: @united_by_trucks
Paw Paw '68 508 Dark Blue Custom C10
Teddy '68 GMC SWB 503 Light Green LS Build
Mississippi Mud '75 Skyline Blue Patina SBC Build
GAc10boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:24 PM   #8
brawley
Easy Does It

I wanted to keep a more stock style..used Early Classics on my 63' , moog chassis rebuild , disc brake conversion,3 1/2- 5" drop kit, lowered sway bar ect... they were top notch parts and made for these trucks... at the budget I wanted to spend.. alot depends on that.. that was 4-5 years ago...alot has evolved since then...porterbuilt kits look super cool.. air ride would be nice if budget allows
brawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:51 PM   #9
Newfie71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucks68 View Post

thanks for the sweet setup idea , got my wheels turning in another direction now. so will porterbuilt modify there stage 2 rear kit for coils?
Old 01-03-2014, 11:17 PM   #10
C10_ustacould
A day late and $1 short...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie71 View Post
thanks for the sweet setup idea , got my wheels turning in another direction now. so will porterbuilt modify there stage 2 rear kit for coils?
They certainly will, not much to change.

Instagram: C10_ustacould

1963 SWB Fleet Side 528 Desert Beige
Milly

1967 SWB Step Side 506 Medium Blue
The Old Girl

1968 SWB Fleet Side 503 Light Green
Ellie SOLD

1965 SWB Fleet Side 507 Light Blue
Prescription Strength SOLD

1971 SWB Fleet Side 521 White
Shiro SOLD

1968 SWB Step Side 503 Light Green