The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-07-2014, 09:45 PM   #1
stepsider

Brothers window kit

Brothers has their 1 pc window kit for 399.99 plus shipping. Has anyone use their kit & how did it come out ? My wing windows are shot, bad chrome rubber & one lock broke. @ 210.00 each & the trouble to them in, I'm thinking this might be the way to go. What do you think ??
stepsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:04 AM   #2
heathbirkendahl

Re: Brothers window kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepsider View Post
Brothers has their 1 pc window kit for 399.99 plus shipping. Has anyone use their kit & how did it come out ? My wing windows are shot, bad chrome rubber & one lock broke. @ 210.00 each & the trouble to them in, I'm thinking this might be the way to go. What do you think ??
Yes, please share. Im looking at that kit also.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:17 AM   #3
1972Shorty

hey guys, I'm using these on a restoration project that I'm currently doing...I've actually put them in 2 trucks recently..they are really simple to install and the instructions they include cover the entire job..i installed mine with the doors removed and laying on a bench, that definitely would be the preferred method.. the only fitment issue I had was the billet aluminum corner piece did not sit flush with the door sill..I know Brother's doesn't recommend them with aftermarket doors and I think this issue may be why..I was using unpainted doors and a little bit of "seem sealer" did the trick..I actually drilled and taped the corner piece to hold my mirrors. I had new doors and didn't want to drill holes in them..definitely would recommend the product.
1972Shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:25 AM   #4
aboesec10

I used them as well. I had no problems what so ever and the instructions are pretty thorough. The doors do need to come off and theres a screw that holds the front run channel in the door jamb that must be drilled and installed in the front door jamb.
aboesec10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:30 AM   #5
Trucolur

What's the place or web site that you guys are looking at this product ??
Trucolur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:32 AM   #6
1972Shorty

pic in the attatchment...
Attached Images

1972Shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:36 AM   #7
stepsider

Brotherstrucks.com
stepsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:31 AM   #8
Mator

I also have installed them. It was easy with the doors off. They seem solid and dont move around. The real test will be after I get it on the road. I used seam sealer to fill the gap on the corner peice where it meet the door before I painted it to make it look like it was meant to be there.
Attached Images

Mator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:08 PM   #9
Tkmadone

Does anyone have any feedback on how they work during use?

Do they rattle while diving if not in the full up or down position? Do they feel floppy? That kind of stuff?
Tkmadone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:39 PM   #10
Roger71SWB

I have them installed on my 71. The only complaint i have is they are harder to roll up and down, but that may be because of my install also.
Attached Images

Roger71SWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:28 PM   #11
Tinkermc

Roger some times a glob of grease can be your best friend. Just saying
Tinkermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:48 PM   #12
ItsRandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkmadone View Post
Does anyone have any feedback on how they work during use?

Do they rattle while diving if not in the full up or down position? Do they feel floppy? That kind of stuff?
I have the one piece kit with the electric option in my '69 and I'm happy I installed them
They are a little "floppy" when rolled part way down but not real bad (I can live with it). They don't really rattle while driving but they do rattle when down/part way down when I close the door. I have air conditioning so I have the windows up most of the time.

As far as installation goes: I think they could have done a better job on the instructions. The modification for the check link didn't work correctly so I came up with my own modification that worked great. The metal guide on the bottom of the window sash is what is causing the windows to rattle when I close the doors. If you were to put some UHMW tape in the run channel where the sash guide goes, this should solve the rattle problem (I will be doing this soon). Unless you have an angle drill, having the doors off of the truck is a must. The window scrapers/felts didn't fit correctly when I got my kit, Brother's may have fixed this by now (I've had mine over a year) but at the time I installed mine Brother's refused to admit there was a problem.

All in all I like my power windows. Being able to roll down the passenger's side window when you are driving is great.

Last edited by ItsRandy; 01-08-2014 at 10:53 PM.
ItsRandy is offline   Reply With Quote