The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-11-2014, 09:13 PM   #1
stringpickin

Location: Northern Ca. at the base of the valley just entering the sierra foothills
Recomend?? Best replacement Ignition switch

Hey and good day. Here I go again,, replacing my ignition switch. seems like they work for a couple years and then they get finicky a few times and work and then they quit working..

Anyone have the definitave answer for the best replacment. I generally buy the delco one, but seems like they aren't much better.

standard brand? bwd?? such a pain. Its almost like you have to carry a spare one with you.. hate to dis my chevy but man.. lol
Old 01-12-2014, 12:44 AM   #2
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: Recomend?? Best replacement Ignition switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringpickin View Post
Hey and good day. Here I go again,, replacing my ignition switch. seems like they work for a couple years and then they get finicky a few times and work and then they quit working..

Anyone have the definitave answer for the best replacment. I generally buy the delco one, but seems like they aren't much better.

standard brand? bwd?? such a pain. Its almost like you have to carry a spare one with you.. hate to dis my chevy but man.. lol

Not sure why you are having trouble with your switch. Is the connector that plugs into the terminals on the back burnt or corroded? Delco or Standard either one should give you good service. It sounds like you might have something else going on that is putting a lot of electrical stress on the switch, like a loose connection or short.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:57 AM   #3
richards72chevy

Re: Recomend?? Best replacement Ignition switch

I have replaced a switch with a new one then the new switch be faultey.I have a switch and plug that I got from autozone its been about a year and no problems.
richards72chevy is offline   Reply With Quote