The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-12-2014, 05:27 PM   #1
magwakeenercew2jh
RAT1968 '68 Cab/'71 Parts

Bullitt

Not *directly* truck related, but I just signed on my computer and iPad for a free movie service.....Well, I guess nothin's free....

First movie I called up was Bullitt.

Just thought some of the younger enthusiasts might want to watch a period piece (1968) with some REALLY great trucks (and cars) in it. I looked for our '67's
and '68's, since they were on the street out when the movie was released.

Point is, so many good cars and trucks in that movie. Parked, driving, spinning, sitting in lots in my home town (San Francisco). I'm sure most of 'em
have been turned first into Hondas and Toyotas... and then into Hyundais and Kias.

It makes me think we are doing something really good to save the ones we covet.
Attached Images

But always a rat.

Last edited by magwakeenercew2jh; 01-12-2014 at 05:33 PM.
magwakeenercew2jh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:14 PM   #2
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Re: Bullitt

Lots of good car and truck stuff to check out, an epic chase scene, and a good movie to boot.

I had it on VHS and now I have it on DVD
Old 01-12-2014, 06:50 PM   #3
zeldman

Love the chase sequence. Love the way the car being chased loses about 6 or 7 hubcaps.... You can find Steve McQueens picture in the dictionary under the word cool.
2013 Subaru Outback
1970 C-10 2WD, SWB stepside, 292, TH350, PS, more rust than anything. God is my pilot.
zeldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:51 PM   #4
Boog
laying low

That is one of the greatest car chase movies ever. You don't have to be a Mopar or Ford fan to love it. Any carnut worth his salt needs to watch that movie. Just search Steve McQueen on you tube and lots of stuff comes up. Steve was a great actor and car enthusiast. He even raced some himself.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:42 PM   #5
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

A while back an article was written by a guy who had a hand in the movie. He talked about the chase scene, Steve, and how the city was shut down for the filming. Very good article if I could ever find it again
Man rule #77...if you own a 67 stepside with a caddy 472 you will never be in danger of loosing you man card
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:29 AM   #6
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

the seven ups had another great car chase and then there was a couple of movies that were basically car chases smokey and the bandit and dirty mary crazy larry to name two love those classics you know youre right somehow bullit wouldn't be the same if steve mc queen was driving a ford fusion hybrid police car and the bad guys were driving kia optimas lol

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:06 PM   #7
zeldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Rusty C10 View Post
you know youre right somehow bullit wouldn't be the same if steve mc queen was driving a ford fusion hybrid police car and the bad guys were driving kia optimas lol
That is funny, true but funny....

If bullit was made now, the chase sequence would be close ups of the actors sitting in a simulator, while outside shots would be computer generated and have the hybrid cars flying upside down over the streets and driving through drainge pipes, sliding sideways at 100 MPH with the passenger door open so someone standing on the sidewalk could just sit down in the seat while Ed Begley jr drives by at night in his solar powered vehicle....
2013 Subaru Outback
1970 C-10 2WD, SWB stepside, 292, TH350, PS, more rust than anything. God is my pilot.
zeldman is offline   Reply With Quote