The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-19-2003, 09:20 PM   #1
jmanz69
Careful, they attack...

TPI question

I am going to put TPI on my 327, but I am looking for any info you guys might have on harnesses. I have the intake setup with most sensors (actually have 2 of them), but have no harness or ECU. The setup I have right now is a mass air floww type, but I have heard that you should change to the Speed Density type for ease of install. Is it hard to do? Where is the best place to get the harness. I assume an aftermarket stand alone harness is better than trying to modify an OEM harness.

Any help would be appreciated while I try to gather all the parts to make it as easy as possible.

Thanks

jmanz69
jmanz69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 10:00 PM   #2
Custom 68

jman I am doing the same thing. However I did get the ECM and harness I have sliced and diced the harness but have not got the engine in yet to know if I did it all correct. I would suggest going to Chevy Thunder this guy has harness that are somewhat cheaper. This website I got all my info to convert my harness and get rid of the wire I didnt need.
I am going MAF they say it is more forgiving when it comes to mods. Remember the ECM is different for the MAF and the speed density. I am sure it is easier but I am going the other route. I am aways off from firing up mine but it is all together and looks good just on teh stand for now.
PM me with any other questions or progress reports I am ready to finish mine but it wil be a while. The truck is apart for a resto

good luck and keep me posted.
Dave
"A good friend will bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "that was frekin awesome".
"If it doesn't fit force it...If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway!"
Custom 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 10:01 PM   #3
Custom 68

Also painless wiring probably has one of the best setups for the wiring.
"A good friend will bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "that was frekin awesome".
"If it doesn't fit force it...If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway!"
Custom 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 10:18 PM   #4
supercheyenne

http://www.fuelinjection.com/portinj.html

also has some info to help you along. Chevythunder (already mentioned) is a good site too.
supercheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote