The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > Heavy Haulers

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-24-2014, 11:32 PM   #1
studda

Is ther a "Heavy Haulers" forum?

I realize the heavy haulers section doesn't get too much attention on this site. Is there a forum dedicated to only heavy haulers that gives all the focus to medium and heavy duty trucks, especially the GM variety?
studda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:55 AM   #2
C10 - C90 Bill

Re: Is ther a "Heavy Haulers" forum?

For GM Heavy Haulers, this is actually the best site, in my opinion. Now there are Big Truck forums (actually where I know Dan from), but they are all brands of trucks. We talk Chevy and GMC some, but not half as much as over here.

There is also Stovebolt.com which is all GM, but it is also all size GM. There is a "Big Bolt" forum there, but it is mostly older trucks (pre '60). 1960 and newer trucks seldom are the subject over there and less lately than before for some reason.

This forum here is recently new. We have been wanting one for years and finally got it just a short while back. It will vary, but the activity has been picking up on it at a pretty good pace.

If you see some posts with older dates on them, it's because they got transfered over to here. We use to talk Big Trucks once in a while in the Pick-up forums.

Bill
C10 - C90 Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:43 AM   #3
studda

I am mainly interested in '60 and older trucks as I own a '53 1 1/2 ton Chevy. I am a member of Stovebolt.com but never really get on there because the forum has a different user interface than I'm used to and doesn't allow pictures to be hosted on the site. I don't use a databasing site so I don't have means to post pics (links to pics).
Old 01-25-2014, 10:06 AM   #4
C10 - C90 Bill

Right, no actual pictures in the forums over there. Which is another good thing about this site, not only do we have pictures, it is very YouTube friendly.

Stovebolt still is a pretty good place though. They have some of the most knowledge-able guys I know of over there, as well as a few Parts experts.

I quite often refer people to over there when they are stuck on something here we all may be having trouble answering.

Bill
Old 01-25-2014, 02:28 PM   #5
special-K
Special Order

You just described why I've been a Stovebolter for years yet seldom go there and don't think I've ever posted...just look. It don't jive with me. I tried to enter my '72 K2500 in their gallery and I just get frustrated. I guess I'm used to sites that navigate differently. It's like driving my LHD GMC in Japan where it's RHD and narrow roads...LOOK OUT!!
I guess this is the place for the heavier GMs,but Stovebolt is great for the medium Advance Designs and such. Not that we don't give them a lot of attention. We all need to keep at making this place better. It has become much busier since we got it going,not that long ago. It took a lot to get it here,so lets not give up

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:40 PM   #6
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
It has become much busier since we got it going,not that long ago. It took a lot to get it here,so lets not give up
You nailed it Tim.
It was the same situation in the 47-59 area when it first started. Slow at first, but more posts turned into replies which turned into even more posts.
This area will be the same. It won't take long.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
63 & 64 Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 12:35 AM   #7
ETsC10
Hand Crafted C-10

I'm totally amazed at how fast this forum has grown. I think that may be
because there may have been many members who lurked a lot but the HH
content wasn't easy to find when it was in General Discussion or the year
specific areas.

The trucks themselves are becoming far more popular for restorations and wild mods.
Also, new threads here usually offer fresh content and information rather than
the same questions and info rehashed.

Forum Guidelines and Rules
Buying and Selling Code of Conduct
Become a Board Supporter!
Truck FAQ

Ellen... the boards artsy-fartsy, eclectic, truck-lovin' gal-member...
ETsC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:17 PM   #8
Flat 67

I agree HH is getting more activity. But, I only found it by accident. I don't see how anyone could logically find it by looking for it on the homepage. I did send a email to the moderators regarding this and i got no response, oh well. Speaking of moderators, how long do we have to see the 2012 truck show announcements on the home page? Done complaining. This is still my favorite site and enjoy it daily and I also consider all you guys as friends............

Flat67
Flat 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:12 AM   #9
junkmandan3

Just noticed a neat '72 GMC MH9500 [long nose] that is linked on the ATHS forum to the Craigslist ad. Now if any of you could link it here we'd disect it and all learn . It says 8V92 engine,[which makes it a repower]. 13 speed on Budd wheels and what looks like a 60" KW sleeper . Ad says it needs a cab, but it's a rare classic these days..............Ft. Myers, Fla.
junkmandan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:26 AM   #10
C10 - C90 Bill

Dan,

It's been so long since I've been over there, I actually had trouble finding it, lol. Well I gave it a good look, but could not find the MH9500 link. Was it in the General Discussion forum?

Edit: Found it through Craigslist. Posted it below.

Bill

Last edited by C10 - C90 Bill; 01-28-2014 at 01:34 AM.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:32 AM   #11
C10 - C90 Bill

Found it through Craigslist:

http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/cto/4284133890.html

Has Front Budds, probably a West Coast truck.

Maybe someone could post some pictures of it for us. I still don't know how to post them, lol.

Bill
Old 01-28-2014, 01:32 AM   #12
studda

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
You just described why I've been a Stovebolter for years yet seldom go there and don't think I've ever posted...just look.
Same with me except I don't even look. I signed up, looked around a bit and it didn't sit right with me, then found this site. Never been back since. I have really gotten into the bigger trucks since getting my 1 1/2 ton. I post a lot in the 47-59 section just because my Advanced Design shares a ton of stuff with the light duty trucks. I notice sometime there is a lot of activity on the HH section and sometimes it goes a day or so without responses.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:20 AM   #13
junkmandan3

Sorry for the bad tip, saw that lead on Just Old Trucks forum, the spin off of the ATHS forum . The thread was "Seen for Sale" where guys post tips regarding stuff that might interest fellow collectors.
Already one response says the truck was originally from Rhode Island and seller's name is Jimmie Andrews.
junkmandan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:36 AM   #14
studda

No big deal.