The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-08-2014, 11:25 AM   #1
IBSRJOE

1972 2WD Blazer Project

Hello to all.

I am new to this site and figured I would introduce myself. I purchased an original 2WD 1972 Blazer back in the early 2000's to restore and never really got motivated to do much with it. Recently I have decided once this never ending snowfall we have been getting in the greater Chicagoland area this year lets up, I am going to get this thing out of the pole barn and get it going.

First and foremost I would like to say this website is amazing. The build threads people have done are great and provide alot of inspiration. I figured it was only fair that since everyone else has done such great built threads, I would do the same with my build so hopefully I can inspire someone in the future as many of you have inspired me.

With that said, here is my plan. I am going to do a full custom roadster style build. The truck will be laid out on airbags and more than likely will be sitting on 22"/24" wheels. I plan on converting over to a 67 front clip and installing a late model 6.0 motor and trans. From everything I have read on here it looks like I will become very familiar with Porterbuilt, as the suspension and chassis parts they make are amazing. I am thinking about chopping a couple inches out of the windshield and raking it back a few degrees. The interior will be fully custom, and I haven't quite landed on the exact plans for that yet.

This truck is going to be a complete frame off built, with every component of the truck being brand new when I am finished. All of the work will be done by me and some friends, with the exception of the body work. We have built some very nice turbo drag cars over the last few years, so it's really hard telling what could end up happening once we actually get moving with this thing. Might have to throw a little turbo on the 6 liter just for kicks.

The truck I bought is a pretty good starting point. I purchased it as a roller with no motor, trans, or interior. It has a static drop kit on tho. There is some minor rust work that needs to be tended to on the rockers and the rear of the tub floor. Other than that the truck is very solid. I will post some pics when I get some fresh ones. I got a few extra doors and fenders with when I purchased it, so that's always a plus.

I will keep posting info as I get started, and I will take as many pics as possible throughout. Thanks again for building a great community for these trucks, and I look forward to using many of you for your knowledge and expertise on these trucks.
A garage full of motorcycles
IBSRJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:43 AM   #2
jjzepplin

Re: 1972 2WD Blazer Project

I too am doing a 2wd 72 Blazer.
This is the right place for info and encouragement!
Pics are required though sir!
jjzepplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:26 AM   #3
Tom Vogel
2WD Jimmy

Definately do the turbo. Why be bored? lol
Tom Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:57 AM   #4
IBSRJOE

Here are a few pics I have. These were taken years ago before I stuffed it away in the corner of the pole barn. One of these days when this snow melts I'm gonna drag it out.
Attached Images

Old 03-07-2014, 11:00 AM   #5
IBSRJOE

Here's a few more.
Attached Images