The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 08:37 PM   #1
TBONE1964
Cluster King

In regards to Robert Paul Thomas

Guy's and Gal's,

It is obvious that Robert is new at selling parts here. He only has 370 post to date and has been a member since 2007. Lets give him a breather and let him sort this out. I am sure he is more than overwhelmed with post and PM's. He has a lot of good parts to offer at very good prices.

I for one have been in Roberts shoes and I am aware that he is going to pee on some ones corn flakes and did not handle this the correct way but I am sure he is not intending any wrong doing to anyone.

Remember that we were all there once and i am sure he would appreciate it if we give him a little break. Put yourself in his shoes.

Thank you for the consideration,
Tom

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
Old 02-08-2014, 08:43 PM   #2
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Re: In regards to Robert Paul Thomas

The BIGGEST issue is all the responses in PM form.
If all replies are made in the thread only,... everyone would be on the same page.
This has been a long standing rule that is abused every day on this board.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...nt.php?f=8&a=8
III.All sales must be posted in thread, a reply stating who is in line is also suggested. Accepting sales via Private Messages will result in confusion within the thread and is strictly prohibited.

I hope everyone gets the parts they want or need.

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
Old 02-08-2014, 10:31 PM   #3
jocko

Would it be helpful to lock ALL of the various threads posted today for these parts, allow him a day or so to get his arms around who has asked for what and first, then repost a NEW single threat with numbered Pics/Descriptions/Prices/and who has first dibs/on down the line? Seems unobtanium to sort out the current state. Concur with Tom, he's just trying to sell us some good parts, and this is a steep learning curve. Also concur with Keith - the PM stuff screws fellow members, shouldn't happen until AFTER a deal has been made on the original thread. Not too late to fix - just a suggestion.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:02 PM   #4
special-K
Special Order

Even w/o PMs unseen to others,the big issue is/was the same part listed in different threads,prices in one,pictures in yet another (w/o info). So,you get 1st in line x3 on the same part. I made a suggestion in one of the several threads (which also muffed up the whole 1st page for others wanting to sell over the weekend when most are viewing). Heck,what's a thread like this even doing in the parts for sale area anyway,for that matter?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Closed Thread